How's the situation in BKK now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi!

Will be going to BKK from 11 to 14 March so I'd appreciate if anyone can share with me on how's the situation there ...

Been reading reports that there are frequent demonstrations in BKK nowadays ... is it still safe for venturing tourists? Pardon my ignorance and kiasi-ism as this will be my first trip to BKK or should I say Thailand ...

TIA! :)

I would say the demonstrations usually looks more exciting in the papers than in real life. Don't worry unduly, be smart and stay one side should you see a crowd. That's about it!

Adam Goi said:
Hi!

Will be going to BKK from 11 to 14 March so I'd appreciate if anyone can share with me on how's the situation there ...

Was there couple of days ago and everything looks fine to me. Just a few bombings here and there, cars overturned and some body parts on the streets. Other than that it is very peaceful.:bsmilie:

Just a little joke my naughty fingers did on you, not me. I didn't see anything unusual when I left but don't know what will happen on the 11th.:dunno:

try not to use singlish or wear any t-shirt with S______ :bsmilie:

good luck! me going to phuket :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

just came back from there... so far nv seen anything happening but only hear from news.
i was outside for the last 3days @bkk.

folks, places you probably go will be shopping areas so definitely no demonstrations or such. These demonstrations are outside the PM's office which is like miles away..

Adam Goi said:
Hi!

Been reading reports that there are frequent demonstrations in BKK nowadays ... is it still safe for venturing tourists? Pardon my ignorance and kiasi-ism as this will be my first trip to BKK or should I say Thailand ...

TIA! :)

my parents also going on the same schedule...

anyway they have alot of frens there, and got thai monks as companion, so i think they super duper safe.. who in thailand would wanna bomb a thai monk? :bsmilie: ;p

Well, got friends who juz came back that they say its ok.

Juz avoid places near the main government building, unless u wanna join in the crowd to shoot really great photos of the demostration.

Sometimes reports are factual, but most of the time, its the paranoia and fear that plays up the situation a hundred poof then what its supposed to be. Juz like the 'freak snowstorm' in Japan that was reported last year killing a few ppl. Its constrained to a few prefectures and common sense juz tells me to avoid danger spots.

To play it safe, best to identify yourself as Malaysian not Singaporean.... Elements that want Thaskin to fall are using the Shin Temasek deal as a friction point to stir up unrest. With a mob, sometimes its not hard to have one incident trigger off a entire riot aiming at Singaporean assets in BKK.

Status
Not open for further replies.