How young must a model be to be shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys introduce where to engage free model for my photo skill practice ?

Can you guys introduce where to engage free model for my photo skill practice ?
if you think you can produce decent photos, than you can go and look for models to trade her time for your photos. try "service offered and wanted"

but if your photos are still can't make it, than you have to pay others to pose for you, since nobody will want to waste time on this.

otherwise, you can ask whoever around you to pose for you to practice. can be your sibling, friends, colleague.

hope this help.

In CS:
For Photographers:
No expericence but wants to work with expericence model - you pay
No expericence working with another no expericence model - you still pay
Expericence and working with no expericence model - model still wants you to pay

For Models:
No expericence but wants to work with expericence photographer - wants to be paid
No expericence working with another no expericence photographer - still wants to be paid
Expericence and working with no expericence photographer - will be paid

Shouldn't it be:
Both photographer and model -
No expericence but wants to work with expericence people - pay or ask for TFCD
No expericence working with another no expericence person - TFCD
Expericence and working with no expericence people - get paid or consider TFCD
:cheers:

wow back in action... yea, i think tis thread is useful anyway... but dun OT...

In my humble opinion, under Singapore law, it is highly questionable that model releases are required for ANYTHING, whether publication, or commercial use or otherwise. There are no established case law or legislation to say that model releases are in fact required for anything at all. I do believe that this issue has been debated to death on many occassions so this summary should suffice for the purposes of this thread.

Further, in my humble opinion, there is no age requirement or age bars for photographs to be taken. Parents have no cause of action whatsoever so long as the photos do not fall into the established categories of copyright infringement, defamation, outrage of modesty or misrepresentation by association.

In CS:

For Models:
No expericence but wants to work with expericence photographer - wants to be paid
No expericence working with another no expericence photographer - still wants to be paid

Nice one there

Regarding this thread, I believe that for your best interest, Contracts (Model Release Form) should be signed. When in doubt, sign it.

For models above age of 21, this contract should be signed with the model directly. For models under 21, this contract should be better signed with the parents/guardians of the said model.

Q: Why sign contract?
A: Basically, a model is offering her time in consideration for money/photos/others that you will give in return for her time. The converse will be apply if you are highly-sought after as a photographer. This contract should clearly state the following:

- Parties to the contract (i.e photographer, model, model's parents/guardians)
- Considerations (i.e time/money/CD/photos/royalties/etc) of both parties
- Conditions:
> Permitted usage of photos (commercial/private and can be very specific on usage)
> Restrictions on usage of photos (time expiry/type of publication/type of works/etc)
> Payments (Royalties in future and method of calculation)
> Reservation, Assignment and Ownership of rights to photos and works derived from photos (e.g. duplication, publication, etc)

While this process may be scorned on, a properly drafted contract will save a lot of heartache and time from dealing with legal matters later on.

** However, if I remember correctly, this does not apply for photos to be used for journalistic works (e.g. news).

What do you all think?

Its always good to have more than have less, but in this case, even if you have less, it may not mean the end of the word as has been often bandied around. Sometimes, it may not be practical or economical to have more, which is why some choose to do away with it.

In CS:
For Photographers:
No expericence but wants to work with expericence model - you pay
No expericence working with another no expericence model - you still pay
Expericence and working with no expericence model - model still wants you to pay

For Models:

Shouldn't it be:
Both photographer and model -
No expericence but wants to work with expericence people - pay or ask for TFCD
No expericence working with another no expericence person - TFCD
Expericence and working with no expericence people - get paid or consider TFCD

agreed with you totally. but apparently if we were to look into the services section nowadays, the talents who are advertising for themselves aged ranged from 16 onwards.

sometimes i cant believe my eyes as to why anyone would allow them to even advertise... personally. to me... 16 is too young. and they do it as if it their own rights and all.

i wouldnt even call them models as they didnt even attend modelling school or have experience at all !?! thats why i prefer calling them talents.

but unless they wake up their minds, we will see these people posting looking to do TFCDs and than later PM and ask if members are interested to shoot them or doing paid shoots discreetly behind the screens.

agreed with you totally. but apparently if we were to look into the services section nowadays, the talents who are advertising for themselves aged ranged from 16 onwards.

sometimes i cant believe my eyes as to why anyone would allow them to even advertise... personally. to me... 16 is too young. and they do it as if it their own rights and all.

i wouldnt even call them models as they didnt even attend modelling school or have experience at all !?! thats why i prefer calling them talents.

but unless they wake up their minds, we will see these people posting looking to do TFCDs and than later PM and ask if members are interested to shoot them or doing paid shoots discreetly behind the screens.

aiya, same thing for the other side what

got little boys (mostly) running around with no experience, never attend photographing school, anyhow help people shoot wedding to song song earn money

then produce lousy job and spoil name for the people who really do photography for a living because they go and tell people they are professional photographers

let it be, you are not their father or mother or grandfather or grandmother, to put it bluntly, it is none of your business. :dunno:

true, plus school holi now le, those pro got to fight with kids for mony :cry:

why does people like you love to say that the pros are affected by kids ?

through my experience, i believe the pros and kids or real kids are just on a different level of playing field.

i think you guys are having the "belittled" perspective of our pros here. i believe that theres equal share for each and everyone out there.

and come on...think about it. which kid will price themselves at the 3kand above rates and compete with the full time pros ?

sometimes comments need to be considered..

aiya, same thing for the other side what

got little boys (mostly) running around with no experience, never attend photographing school, anyhow help people shoot wedding to song song earn money

then produce lousy job and spoil name for the people who really do photography for a living because they go and tell people they are professional photographers

let it be, you are not their father or mother or grandfather or grandmother, to put it bluntly, it is none of your business. :dunno:

you come from photography school ? how many of you guys here come from photography school ? personally to be honest. i am pretty sure anyone who attended some "basic course" or some course of photography will say they attended photography school.

well.... its none of my business definately since i do not operate in singapore. but i have my family in singapore. but come to think of it. i still do not understand why do people who produce lousy jobs would spoil the name for people who are into photography ? makes no logical sense.

if the photographer produces lousy jobs. it only reflects the poor skills and understanding of the camera and photography itself. i just cant see why it will affect the lives or jobs of our dearest singaporean professional photographers.

even if that is the case now here... i believe 5-7years ago when dslr was made into the market. many professionals would have suffered great losses, and many would have gotten a 8-9 job to survive. (is it a 8-9 work time here ?)

sadly. i am now back in singapore for 2 weeks before flying back to eindhoven again. apparently from my conversations with a few photographers who are shooting full time for 2 years are doing quite well.

why does people like you love to say that the pros are affected by kids ?

through my experience, i believe the pros and kids or real kids are just on a different level of playing field.

i think you guys are having the "belittled" perspective of our pros here. i believe that theres equal share for each and everyone out there.

and come on...think about it. which kid will price themselves at the 3kand above rates and compete with the full time pros ?

sometimes comments need to be considered..

think this way

which pro will price themselves at the $50 and below rates and compete with the kids

the clients will choose in this budget-wise Singapore.

Hey everyone, im looking for a paid modeling shoot. I Dont mind doing nude or full nude shoots. PLease add me @ siewkei_@hotmail.com if interested.

think this way

which pro will price themselves at the $50 and below rates and compete with the kids

the clients will choose in this budget-wise Singapore.

agreed.

but yes... you gotta too think it this way. $50 work will never be compared with a $1000 work and a $3000 work and a $6888 work and a $1000/hr work. :bsmilie:

think about it. clients who are on tight budget will also not risk engaging someone who isnt experienced at all.

kids can price at $50/day for all they want. but ultimately, its the deliverables that makes the difference.

anyway. its already out of the topic. so i am not going to comment anymore about the scene of pro or not pro. cheap or not cheap.

if theres a need harry, you could start a discussion on this. probably the big boys of the industry can come in and give their 2cents worth.

Hey everyone, im looking for a paid modeling shoot. I Dont mind doing nude or full nude shoots. PLease add me @ siewkei_@hotmail.com if interested.

i believe you could post your "ad" at the services thread. and remember to add ur portfolio so people can contact you if they wanted to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.