How young must a model be to be shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your friend wants to make a career as a model, go approach agencies as listed

1) Carries
2) Diva
3) Phantom
4) Mannequin
5) Shiny Happy People
6) Looque
7) Elite
8) UAN
9) TModels
10) Avenue

This are the more reputable ones. Others... I cannot vouch for them as I have never worked with them.

If your friend wants to make a career as a model, go approach agencies as listed

1) Carries
2) Diva
3) Phantom
4) Mannequin
5) Shiny Happy People
6) Looque
7) Elite
8) UAN
9) TModels
10) Avenue

This are the more reputable ones. Others... I cannot vouch for them as I have never worked with them.
u model??? will, my friend wanna do freelance basis, wanna work, work no work? then study....

1) Carries
2) Diva
3) Phantom
4) Mannequin
5) Shiny Happy People
6) Looque
7) Elite
8) UAN
9) TModels
10) Avenue

And there's lots of people looking for TFCD models at the "service wanted/offered" section.... :bsmilie:

No I dont model.... I am in the production biz. Lots of models are freelancers, they hold normal jobs or are students.

Go visit the agencies I listed. They are pretty helpful and can give good advice. however do note they only take in people who have the looks.

No I dont model.... I am in the production biz. Lots of models are freelancers, they hold normal jobs or are students.

Go visit the agencies I listed. They are pretty helpful and can give good advice. however do note they only take in people who have the looks.
of cos! models is beauti come first(subjected to one's preference)

of cos! models is beauti come first(subjected to one's preference)

I am saying this because there are "agencies" that tell girls that obviously cannot make it that they have Model quality and ask them to take pictures and do portfolio which can cost a few hundred dollars. Then this poor girls have the delusion thinking that they are beauties. And when they come for audition, people like me wonder if the agency read the brief... "elegant looking young lady" cos they have just sent me an ah lian or plump chick...

due to a very silly incident here,

i thought i'd bump up the thread to allow it more visibility, so that future misunderstandings over nothing due to certain parties being misinformed and ignorant can be avoided. in fact, i had noticed that most of the freelance(?) models posting up threads are below 18, i am actually quite curious as to why only one party was singled out but i guess that's a topic for another day that only the involved party can answer.

in summary, since this thread is quite chatty, based on what i've read on the net and here, you ONLY need model release forms when you intend to publish works. for models under 18 as well. if you want to shoot just for fun, or to pass your time, or to gain personal satisfaction of whatever form, the model release form is NOT A MUST.

the exception would be when employment laws apply - in which case you can find more relevant information here, as long as the model is between age 16-18 then there is less worry, if 12-16 (er, quite rare that people want to shoot that age for abovementioned reasons).. then you can read the article linked in previous sentence.

even a model agency site here seems to agree with this, they say that it is best to have a release form if you want to submit their photos for increased chance of usage but if you do not have a model release, you can submit it anyways and they'd look at it.

i came across a rather detailed article on the net regarding model release forms, it has a "primer" here and the full article is here.

to kill 2 birds with one stone, here's a photo.net fruitless discussion on this, which shows that a) not many people know what the deal for model release is but they like to anyhow say things.. quite usual in internet forums everywhere, and that b) overseas forums are the same as clubsnap, you can get worse flaming than what you see here, contrary to popular belief. :bsmilie:

cheers.

thanks for dig out this thread,

I think becos of she don't have some decent photos to show.

anyway, CS has lot of photographers in many grade, so are the models...... pros, advance, armatures, wannabe, newbies and fake one also have.... ..

now you can see what type of photographers we have more in CS now, will have what type of models too...

this is call "demand and supply"

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

thanks for dig out this thread,

I think becos of she don't have some decent photos to show.

anyway, CS has lot of photographers in many grade, so are the models...... pros, advance, armatures, wannabe, newbies and fake one also have.... ..

now you can see what type of photographers we have more in CS now, will have what type of models too...

this is call "demand and supply"

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
aiya, must at least give someone chance until they are proven to be cui kia what

of course if they prove themselves to be cui but continue to think they are not cui

then different story right :bsmilie::bsmilie:

ya la, hope some guys can be more gentleman next time, don't go and crush people dream, just let the reality do their job.

it almost every girls dream to be a models someday, even it is just for a 30sec fame, this I can understand.

so don't be too surprise if we see lots of young "models" pop out from nowhere, just hope while they having fun and be safe at the same time.

16 can have sex.

18 can buy cigarettes
18 can drive car

21 can watch R(21) Movies.

On at 21 have you reached the age of majority meaning that is when you are bounded by legal contracts.

So, I would say safely, 21 is the age where you are legally an adult since you can be hold true to your signed contracts.

Just curious, whats the minimum age for marriage? (i wanna get hdb flat soon! haha, just joking)

May I add, at 18, you can handle an assault rifle like M16S1 / SAR21. Pass the marksmanship test and you got the Licence to Kill. :bigeyes:

There is not enough supply of Free Models here.
ya ya aya.. that's right! I can see many free photographers around.

but hardly find any free models and free make up artist leh, how come har??

photographers spend a few Ks on equipments, can offer shoot for free, maybe becos they have lots of PASSION?

some models and make up artists don't even have decent portfolio and experience, also don't want do it for FREE, izit not PASSION enough for what are they doing??

Now, I keep wondering who is more stup1d, and who is more money face? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

In case any one is interested in the real world answer - there is no real age limit. At work we have subjects as young as 4 months. Model and minor releases need to be signed if the pix are meant for commercial purpose.

Of course if you are taking pictures of really young minors - it better be in a situation where at least one parent is there (ie knows about that fact that you are taking their kids pictures). Not a good idea to go to a play school to grab snap shots of little kids. TFCD for 14.15.16 ect old well a careful person would suggest not doing the shoot alone, indoors for your own future well being.

Haven't start out and call herself a model already. please la, Is school holidays coming :bsmilie: and they want to earn extra money, it a waste of money if u still want to teach her how to pose, it should be the other way round, they pay us to shoot and we teach them :bsmilie:

there are a lot of free photographers but not enough free wannabes :bsmilie:

it should be the other way round, they pay us to shoot and we teach them :bsmilie:

I agree. Any girl who wants to become a model needs to PAY PHOTOGRAPHERS. Also, the "standard" of 99% of models here really is bad, there are prettier girls walking around raffles place as we speak. I see so many "Introducing... <insert wannabe model name here>" and these are your average, "looks-like-most-other-girls" girls who have NO EXPERIENCE, no portfolio, no ability to charge photogs.

Then they go and say "rates negotiable", etc. Excuse me??? You're a nobody and you are going to demand money so that we take pictures of your stiff poses and crooked teeth??? Just because you're willing to wear a bikini or stand around and try to pose does NOT make you a model!!! And certainly not one who can demand money.

You wnat the photogs to make you famous? PAY THEM. :angry:

I think we should have a more balance view....

if a photographer like me will not be willing hire a wannabe model..

but to some newbie photographers, maybe too shy to ask around people they know to pose for them to practice portraitures photography, beside joining paid shoots, this is a good avenue to find low cost models. since their standard is still unable to deliver decent photo for TFCD.

So if you are good in photography, you should have no problem to find your TFCD models, don't be so harsh to all the XMM models, their are not your type, so find other models lor. other people might need them.... remember: "demand and supply"

Indeed, there are a number of free photographers looking for FREE TFCDs from models compared to model WANNABEs who wishes to charge for photoshoots when some of them don't even have a decent portfolio.

Since most of us who shared views here are photographers, maybe we should take a step back and put ourselves into their shoes to better understand the situation. Of course, typical Singaporeans like things that are FOC... This is already shown by the fact that there are so many photographers looking for TFCD in the service offered/wanted section of the forum. Likewise, model wannabes want DECENT (not some amatuerish shots which are not flattering at all) portfolio for free, and if possible, get paid at the same time.

Before pointing fingers at others, I think we should all look at ourselves. As much as many of us commented about their professionalism, do you really think you can live to the fact that you can charge the model (wannabes) for photo shoots? Are you able to produce a proper and decent portfolio for them, and to their requirements and expectations? If you can, then by all means... If you can't, and your pictures are just as amatuerish, then you are no difference from those you pointed fingers at. And if you can't produce what the model (and wannabes) want, you will just wasting their time which doesn't justify TFCD. No way anyone will give you the time to shoot when you can't produce.

As many have mentioned to the model wannabes that if they want a good portfolio and that they have to pay for it, likewise, to the photographers - if you want a real professional model, pay up. Whoever is paying, gets the final say and decides who to pay, and who isn't worth to pay...

Indeed, there are a number of free photographers looking for FREE TFCDs from models compared to model WANNABEs who wishes to charge for photoshoots when some of them don't even have a decent portfolio.

Since most of us who shared views here are photographers, maybe we should take a step back and put ourselves into their shoes to better understand the situation. Of course, typical Singaporeans like things that are FOC... This is already shown by the fact that there are so many photographers looking for TFCD in the service offered/wanted section of the forum. Likewise, model wannabes want DECENT (not some amatuerish shots which are not flattering at all) portfolio for free, and if possible, get paid at the same time.

Before pointing fingers at others, I think we should all look at ourselves. As much as many of us commented about their professionalism, do you really think you can live to the fact that you can charge the model (wannabes) for photo shoots? Are you able to produce a proper and decent portfolio for them, and to their requirements and expectations? If you can, then by all means... If you can't, and your pictures are just as amatuerish, then you are no difference from those you pointed fingers at. And if you can't produce what the model (and wannabes) want, you will just wasting their time which doesn't justify TFCD. No way anyone will give you the time to shoot when you can't produce.

As many have mentioned to the model wannabes that if they want a good portfolio and that they have to pay for it, likewise, to the photographers - if you want a real professional model, pay up. Whoever is paying, gets the final say and decides who to pay, and who isn't worth to pay...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Agreed... Thanks for interfering in that silly thread discussed earlier btw...

Haven't start out and call herself a model already. please la, Is school holidays coming :bsmilie: and they want to earn extra money, it a waste of money if u still want to teach her how to pose, it should be the other way round, they pay us to shoot and we teach them :bsmilie:

I agree. Any girl who wants to become a model needs to PAY PHOTOGRAPHERS. Also, the "standard" of 99% of models here really is bad, there are prettier girls walking around raffles place as we speak. I see so many "Introducing... <insert wannabe model name here>" and these are your average, "looks-like-most-other-girls" girls who have NO EXPERIENCE, no portfolio, no ability to charge photogs.

Then they go and say "rates negotiable", etc. Excuse me??? You're a nobody and you are going to demand money so that we take pictures of your stiff poses and crooked teeth??? Just because you're willing to wear a bikini or stand around and try to pose does NOT make you a model!!! And certainly not one who can demand money.

You wnat the photogs to make you famous? PAY THEM. :angry:
1) everyone needs a starting point. maybe you two may consider yourself to be full fledged photographers but not everyone is going to produce portfolio worthy pictures. just look at p&p, other than the standard of model, some of the professional model shootouts where the models are paid, the picture output is disastrous.

2) it is certainly more than ok to state that perhaps the model has not much experience and just not justify paying her a fee.. in that case i'm sure you could convey that message to her and help her understand that you are willing to work with her but not willing to pay and how it works in modern day terms. much better than sitting on the sidelines and calling people wannabes.

3) since when did a model have to be pretty? some of my favourite portraiture shots are of models which majority would not really consider them pretty. as cliched as it sounds, everybody has a flattering side that can be brought out, i feel.. it is certainly quite close-minded to say that if you aren't that attractive to begin with it means that you cannot be a model. i think there are many more factors than that. for example, if you look at kate moss at face value, literally, i don't know about you, i don't find her pretty.

4) just like models, the market for photographers is just as iffy. it is a market with assymetric information flowing around, i.e. only the photographer knows how good he is, and even then, maybe even he thinks he's good when he isn't, or he thinks he's not good when he is. according to rashkae's logic, new models should always pay photographers money to shoot portfolio. so if the photographer sark then how? waste her money, waste her time..

5) give people a chance. do unto others what you would do unto yourself. just because you are very realistic and in-touch with reality doesn't mean that people are..

Status
Not open for further replies.