How you upload photos on facebook?

zeunice

Mar 16, 2010
singapore
I got some problem uploading my pictures on facebook.
I have try to resize the picture and upload but the outcome not too sharp as compare to the original image.
Is there smaller size of pics need to compressed to have a better quality photos?
I don't have any problem uploading at flcker.

Try resize it and save it as another file then u do further pp on the small file see if you can sharpen it?

On the other hand, if you upload a large file size that is within the facebook's limit, the picture will look worse as it will look over-ly compressed all sorts of funny grains,etc will appear.

I guess it will cost facebook a bomb if everyone can upload high resolution pictures freely without any limitation on the number of photos to be uploaded.

Last edited:
your images pass through FB's resizing and compression algorithms .... understandable given the capacity constraints and its intention to share images

Last edited:
Blame the camwhores who post 10,000 images of themselves in the same pose. FB has a max storage capacity and in order to accomodate more pictures, has to compressd the images, leading to lower image quality.

Flickr is a photo sharing site. Facebook is a social networking site. Different purposes entirely. If you care about the quality of the pictures, then do NOT use facebook.

I have try to resize the picture and upload but the outcome not too sharp as compare to the original image.
Is there smaller size of pics need to compressed to have a better quality photos?

I use Picasa to upload photos to FB. Easy to use.

Picasa Google

Facebook Pictures: Noisy / Grainy

posting pictures on facebook or any webpage...

Colors washed out when uploaded to Facebook

Thanks for all your input...
I have tried to resize my pics to 800x600 and file size around 80-100kb only using microsoft office pic manager
Its a bit closer when comes to pic quality and sharpness.

Will try to resize some of my photos using CS4.
But need also your advice cos i still need to study more using photoshop.

FB allow upload of high res files at max 2048x2048 by selecting "high resolution" option during upload, or using the Simple Uploader. The browser will displayed the resized (720x720 max) image with a link "Download in High Resolution".

So far I only upload 720x720, and I noticed the details in certain colors will blurred.

Blame the camwhores who post 10,000 images of themselves in the same pose. FB has a max storage capacity and in order to accomodate more pictures, has to compressd the images, leading to lower image quality.

totally agree lol

i usually resize all my pics to "longest side max 720px" on photoscape..