How you store your camera when you travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Hi,

I am visiting states for a month starting from next week.
Was thinking to bring my entire gear there for bird and street shooting.
In Singapore i keep my gear in dry box, but now in US there is not dry box (at least where i am going) and heater will be on due to cold weather. Would it be ok to keep camera, lens in central headed rooms?

Dry box is unheard of in US. The humidity is very low, even lower than a dry box.
So, fungus will not grow on your equipment.

Dry box is unheard of in US. The humidity is very low, even lower than a dry box.
So, fungus will not grow on your equipment.

that's not totally true? they are generally lower but not all states are low in humidity.

anyway, TS, not to worry because fungus don't grow overnight.

enjoy your trip.

Thank you guys.
I will be doing some shooting over weekend, going for office work :).

You should not have to worry about humidity as the heater will generate very dry air.

The only worry should be the safety of the camera and lenses in your hotel room. If I go to office to work during weekdays, I will lock all the camera gears inside my suitcase. You will never know who has access to your room and the people who handles the cleaning of your room. Better be safe than sorry.

You should not have to worry about humidity as the heater will generate very dry air.

The only worry should be the safety of the camera and lenses in your hotel room. If I go to office to work during weekdays, I will lock all the camera gears inside my suitcase. You will never know who has access to your room and the people who handles the cleaning of your room. Better be safe than sorry.

Thanks tan, i will be staying with my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.