How you cure your BB Virus ?

ikelvin

Feb 18, 2010
Tamah Jurong
:( my mind keep telling me to get a
70-200mm f4 is .

I think i tio BBBBBBB Virus. I cant sleep at night i hearing sound
saying Buy BUy Buy buy Buy and Dun Buy, Dun Buy, Dun Buy. :confused:

Sometime the buy buy urge very strong and i took my wallet about to go get it , but managed to pull myself back. I know after i buy le this , the BB Virus will ask me to buy other things.

I know in my heart, it's a "Want" not a "Need".

Anyone got similar sickness as me ?

Realising that one cannot afford to BBB anymore. In short. No more money.

70-200mm f4 is .

Sometime the buy buy urge very strong and i took my wallet about to go get it , but managed to pull myself back. I know after i buy le this , the BB Virus will ask me to buy other things.

Me... I bought 3 canon lenses within 1.5 months after i got my first DSLR 550d.

Don't worry, you're not alone. :)

You are not alone..
Got my first DSLR in June , bought my first L in August.
But right now, i have a temporary antidote to the poision
Hope the virus won't return anytime soon...

When you realise that your BBB virus is giving you gear that gives similar results, you know its time to stop :) Another way to cure or subdue it is to rent the lens first. And convince yourself its the user and not the gear.

transfer spare $$ into new bank acct, give the bank book with atm card (if any) to your wife/gf/mother and ask them to not give it to you unless emergency.

The best antidote for the BBB virus is: hardworking & earning more $$$..;)

I found myself spending much more time reading lens reviews and shopping for lenses rather than actually going out to take photos. As a new photography hobbiest, now i realise that what i really need is just a wide angle zoom lens.. really regret getting the macro lens which was an inpulse buy.

I guess we need to remind ourselves that we are in this hobby for photography, not to become a gear-collector. :)

indulge in a separate hobby and start an even more powerful BBB virus .. to kill the current BB virus

but if u start hearing things at night when you shouldn't be, then it can be even more worrying ... :devil:

ryan

indulge in a separate hobby and start an even more powerful BBB virus .. to kill the current BB virus

but if u start hearing things at night when you shouldn't be, then it can be even more worrying ... :devil:

ryan
Heh sounds like me... Just a few months ago I was in the marine fishkeeping hobby and also had the BBB virus too... going fish shopping in fish farms every week. Now it is transferred to photography and my fish tank is starting to get neglected. In the end not sure if it is a good thing..

You are not alone..
Got my first DSLR in June , bought my first L in August.
But right now, i have a temporary antidote to the poision
Hope the virus won't return anytime soon...

Also similar..

Got my DSLR in Mar, 1st L lens in end July...Although got temptation now, but still able to control... :bsmilie:

When you realise that your BBB virus is giving you gear that gives similar results, you know its time to stop :) Another way to cure or subdue it is to rent the lens first. And convince yourself its the user and not the gear.

Where i;m looking into a lens, it's always for an overseas trip. Actually i;m going
Korea on coming friday. That way i was thinking if i should buy a 70-200 and bring it along.
i Checked, if rent i need rent 10days, $200+ . I rather buy it then.

Where i;m looking into a lens, it's always for an overseas trip. Actually i;m going
Korea on coming friday. That way i was thinking if i should buy a 70-200 and bring it along.
i Checked, if rent i need rent 10days, $200+ . I rather buy it then.

$200+ vs $1900 ( 70-200mm IS ) ? it is a lot of different............

:eek:

u should rent for a day, if you find u really like it, then buy it.

Last edited:
70-200mm f4 is .

simple, just think about how everytime you buy something, it devalues straight away.

think about how in the long term, if you end up BBB, BBB, don't save, you will be in trouble when you want to retire - either you just keep on slaving on at an old age, or you end up having to do things that no old person should do.

lastly, think about why you are into photography? was it the burning desire to create GOOD photos that you could be proud of , or to collect GOOD gear that you can be proud of (and you shouldn't be, frankly, it's what you do with the gear that counts).

focus on taking photos and not buying gear. only buy if its keeping you back from attaining the shots you want. you will be surprised to find that your creativity is most on fire when you're limited by constraints

I got my first DSLR three weeks ago, and for the last three weeks, I had been getting one L lens per week, so now I have three L lenses...plus backpack, plus 580 flash, plus batt. grip, plus extra batt & memory card, etc. Fortunately they have been put to good use. Now I need to put buying on hold for a while...

Try thinking "bye, bye, bye" instead of "buy, buy, buy"

no offense arlow but i think you have too much money. hope you're making full use of them though.

It cannot be cured... but you can transfer it to other stuff, like watches, upgrading your PC, etc...

I think after we work, we need to spend some of the money to make us happy. The harder you work, the stronger the BBB virus. That's what I find...

I have lots of stuff... but fortunately, I can hold myself back from buying the L lenses. :)

Last edited:
Buy accessories. They are usually cheaper and help in their small ways. Things like better strap, lens caps, batteries, filters, bags, pouches, grey card, cleaning kit, timer and remote, memory cards, etc... one item a month should occupy yourself for quite awhile.