How you carry a Tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimlee

Jan 23, 2005
Lavender
Hi to all,

Wondering what is the best way to carry a heavy trpiod? I try shoulder sling but find it too uncomfortable. Any special accessories?

Thank you.

I'm currently using a tripod bag, shoulder sling. Not very good for long distance walks, for that I hook it at the side of my rucksack.

I've heard good things about the Tripod strap from Optistraps(or something like that...) but have yet to try it.

I put all my gears in my son stroller.

Evilmerlin said:
I've heard good things about the Tripod strap from Optistraps(or something like that...) but have yet to try it.

Where to get this Optistraps? How much?

Kimlee said:
Where to get this Optistraps? How much?

Try CP

OPTECH USA STRAP

from CP at abt $25-30(depending who is asking for the price lah ;)

Any thing thats like a gun pouch out there?
hook to belt

over the shoulder if i using sling..

strapped onto bag if i using backpac

Tripod strap on which never need to be released (in any way) to use the tripod fully as I strap only 1 of the legs, making it open like without a strap. But I do carry it on my hand when I am walking sometimes as it gets tired slinging it onto my body.

Interested in whether you guys bring Tripod on board plane or put it in luggage when flying?

Not sure whether if hand carry in tripod bag will exceed length limit of carry-on luggage or they will say you are carrying a potential weapon :eek:

When I flew to Shanghai and Thailand, I carried it on board including another hand carry.

Didn't try it when I flew to USA, I think it wouldn't go through.

velcro strapped and hung onto my NOVA 3.. else I just hand carry

Simple, grow kids and let them carry it.

If not, learn from teerex how to freeze time when taking a shot :bsmilie:

The last one I had came with a bag with sholulder straps... good unless you sit down in a buss or train.

Generally I will sling the tripod over my shoulder.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.