How would your portrait subject feel if he/she sees her photo on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
sometimes we just snap our friends and post them but will they feel awkward/offended if they happen to see? if so how do u explain to them?

Originally posted by yeppie99
sometimes we just snap our friends and post them but will they feel awkward/offended if they happen to see? if so how do u explain to them?

Simple. Just ask their permission before you post.

Seriously, if the photos you take of them are not too unflattering, I don't think reasonable people will be too offended.

Some people would not mind, some people will feel offended, and some people would love to have their pictures posted.

The best is to get permission before you post.

Ya since we are on the track of posting picture, how do we prevent our blood and sweat effort of getting a good picture being mis-used? :cry: Or being use at other website or media without being informed? The worst of all is that your friend face being superimpose on a naked body :embrass: by some super photoshop user :devil: then die liao, no more friend liao.

Anyway, I do trust the you guys here :D but I also do refer to other forums and website. :dunno:

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
Ya since we are on the track of posting picture, how do we prevent our blood and sweat effort of getting a good picture being mis-used? :cry: Or being use at other website or media without being informed? The worst of all is that your friend face being superimpose on a naked body :embrass: by some super photoshop user :devil: then die liao, no more friend liao.

Anyway, I do trust the you guys here :D but I also do refer to other forums and website. :dunno:

Another simple answer....don't post.

There's no 100% method you can prevent people from misusing your pictures, unless you put a big "copyright" notice across your friend's face. What I would do to prevent people from using my photos without permission is to add a small copyright notice at a corner and never post the original photo, so that I can prove that I am the rightful owner of the copyrighted material in the event that I seek recourse thru legal means.

Originally posted by Daniel

Another simple answer....don't post.

There's no 100% method you can prevent people from misusing your pictures, unless you put a big "copyright" notice across your friend's face. What I would do to prevent people from using my photos without permission is to add a small copyright notice at a corner and never post the original photo, so that I can prove that I am the rightful owner of the copyrighted material in the event that I seek recourse thru legal means.

yes, but for those who do post, what would happen next when your subject's photo gets misused? how would u be explain to her(most misuse occurs with females)? would she ever trust you again? even if she gave her approval, if such a thing happens I'm sure part of the blame would come to you right?

i guess this is just some of the uncertainties and risks involved with the Net but i would like your views on how you would handle the situation shld it happen.

From what I observe on the net, unless your friend is Britney Spears or Gillian Anderson, such things occur remotely. Why would someone go thru all the trouble to paste a face of someone whom they don't know onto a nude body and painstalkingly make it look real. There's no difference from another other X rated photo you find in the net. If it was a deliberate malicious attempt to slander someone they know, there is nothing you can do, even if you don't post the photo, they will also go and take their own photos.

If it does happens, chances are you will get a good laugh if it was a poorly done job and if it looks really real, I'm sure your friend will be reasonable enough and know that it's not your fault.

If either you or your friend are still paranoid about such things, go back to Rule No. 1

Don't post. :)

Originally posted by yeppie99

yes, but for those who do post, what would happen next when your subject's photo gets misused? how would u be explain to her(most misuse occurs with females)? would she ever trust you again? even if she gave her approval, if such a thing happens I'm sure part of the blame would come to you right?

i guess this is just some of the uncertainties and risks involved with the Net but i would like your views on how you would handle the situation shld it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.