How would you reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Last week at the Lexus Cup, I was following the players for about an hour, shooting only at the right moment, i.e. when the marshall put up the QUIET placard, we stopped (that's why there isn't any "action" photos from us, non-official photographers). It went on fine for about an hour, with many others shooting, using all types of cam. Then when it was Grace Park's turn, and I was not even aiming the cam at her, since I was too engrossed by her, but my cam was in my hand, then the caddie walked about 10m toward me and started asking in a very firm manner, "Are you from the media?". Stunned, I reply honestly "No".:dunno:
Then he started lecturing me loudly in front of many others, including my business friends, "you are not supposed to take any photos in the fairway, and I can get you thrown out, ......." :nono:
Never expected such a lot of shiits thrown at me, I just answered like a guilty criminal, "I am sorry" and I wasn't even taking any pics. And he proudly walked back to Grace Park to continue the game. I don't know what happened that day but in a normal situation I will scream back at him, probably in explicit hokkien, and probably challenging him to ask him to tell the rest of the crowd the same message, or something but I guess my brain were fixed at G.Park and the "pro" atmosphere. Definately he was trying to impress everyone that he was somebody and so he picked the one nearest to him to show himself. Anyway it was a small loss of ego for me, and nothing more.

Now, maybe members here can tell us what other questions have you received from strangers before in their photoshooting experience..... and maybe the possible answers so that newbies or others can use them in their future encounters. :bsmilie:

"Are you from the media?" Yes, i am from CS Online media.
"Are you shooting me?" No, you are blocking my view (even if she is right in front of you).
"Please do not shoot here" Then where can I shoot?
"No taking photography in the building" >>>> plse supply your infamous answers
"Please delete what you have just took without my permission" >>>>
"You are in private property" >>>>>>>>
"stop or I will call the police" >>>>>>>>
"I am the official photographer, please give way to me" >>>>>>>

"Are you shooting me?" No, you are blocking my view (even if she is right in front of you).
"No taking photography in the building" >>>> Oh? I didn't know cos I don't remember seeing a sign saying I can't
"Please delete what you have just took without my permission" >>>> With pleasure cos you're not that pretty anyway. I was just using you as a test subject.
"You are in private property" >>>>>>>> Hmmm... I see. Where's the fence?
"stop or I will call the police" >>>>>>>> Go ahead. What you gonna get me arrested for? What charges?
"I am the official photographer, please give way to me" >>>>>>> Ok. Show me your pass. *If shown* Ok, now, how about sharing the spot. Our govt says must care and share right? No? Selfish...

was the caddy concerned doing his 'job' at your expense?

reachme2003 said:
was the caddy concerned doing his 'job' at your expense?
Actually there is no need for him to tell anyone anything because the proper (professional) and more discreet way is to make a formal or informal "complaint" to the many marshalls and judges there, or even inform the organiser, or even put up sign that no photography is allowed on the fairway for non-official photographers. What other point do you think he is trying to make when he start lecturing in front of the crowd? ... :nono:
This is just simply haolian (showoff) ... just like some security guards who "ordered" us as in KennySia's case. :embrass:

Here's my take.

"No taking photography in the building" >>>> But I can't see the toilet from the outside.
"Please delete what you have just took without my permission" >>>>You mean I can really delete the pics away?
"You are in private property" >>>>>>>>I'm taking some pics cause I'm buying this place. Just want to check if I am making the right choice.
"stop or I will call the police" >>>>>>>>Hey I've been thinking of the same thing. Should you ar I dial?
"I am the official photographer, please give way to me" >>>>>>>Nice to meet you and I am the lorry driver, please give way to me.

Astin said:
Maybe u can try to reply him in a different language example, Russian, Korean, Arabic etc.
Yah... Later they think you a terrorist siaz... Haha. :bsmilie:

You should have put your finger to your mouth, said "Shhhh!" loudly, and pointed to the "Quiet" placard...

jeremyftk said:
Yah... Later they think you a terrorist siaz... Haha. :bsmilie:
hmmm ... why wld they think he's a terrorist??? :think:

was photography prohibited on the course by 'non-official' photographers?

Its was the Cabby that approached you right? Cabby so powderful these daz? :think:

AixisOfJustice said:
hmmm ... why wld they think he's a terrorist??? :think:
I meant if he started speaking in the languages he mentioned...

deslim27 said:
Its was the Cabby that approached you right? Cabby so powderful these daz? :think:

Caddy, not cabby...

jeremyftk said:
Caddy, not cabby...

hehe .... caddy also wrong leh. :nono:

cabby: no such word ( or maybe one who drives a cab?) :bsmilie: i....
caddy: a container in which tea is kept, pl: caddies ..... :think:
caddie : (correct word for golf) a golfer's assistant (and sometimes her advisor) whose main job is to carry her clubs. :sweatsm:
wonder if she has more than one caddie, what are they known as?

Hmm... Wad's the big friggin' deal abt being Grace Park's Caddie.
He's still a golf bag pusher/golf set carrier. That's all. :dunno:

Pardon me as I had never played golf before. But ain't a caddie just a equipment carrier chap? Who's he to even tell off the audiences & non-official photographers? :dunno:

I wonder what will happened if u 'jio' him to throw u out? :think:

More likely, does he even have the power to throw u guyz out? :dunno:

I wonder what will happened if u 'jio' him to throw u out? :think:

More likely, does he even have the power to throw u guyz out? :dunno:

Correct me if I'm wrong , professional's caddie are kinda adviser to the players on the fields, Pro would sometimes consult the caddie on the way he/she gona put the ball and IIRC, their caddie paycheck are in the range of USD2k and up

poohbear said:
Correct me if I'm wrong , professional's caddie are kinda adviser to the players on the fields, Pro would sometimes consult the caddie on the way he/she gona put the ball and IIRC, their caddie paycheck are in the range of USD2k and up
Oh wow... Din know about that. :embrass: I'd always thought caddies are just golf bag carriers and the golfer is good enuff to call all the shots.

jsbn said:
Hmm... Wad's the big friggin' deal abt being Grace Park's Caddie.
He's still a golf bag pusher/golf set carrier. That's all. :dunno:

Pardon me as I had never played golf before. But ain't a caddie just a equipment carrier chap? Who's he to even tell off the audiences & non-official photographers? :dunno:
Quote : (by Paul Spencer Sochaczewski)

"Professional caddies for the successful PGA players earn big money. With bonuses of ten percent for a first place finish, eight percent for a top-ten finish and six percent of any other finish, caddies can do well indeed.
Steve Williams, Tiger Woods' caddie, earned an estimated $880,000 in 2000, plus a substantial sum in endorsements (ever wonder why caddies wear baseball caps emblazoned with the logos of club and ball manufacturers?).
Lance Ten Broeck earned more as Jesper Parnevik's caddie, $235,000, than he did in his best season as a tour player, $146,568 in 1989 (Parnevik fired Ten Broeck at the beginning of 2001, saying "I haven't played well for a while and we're going to have a break.")
When Vijay Singh won the Caltex Singapore Masters on the Island Club's Bukit Course he tipped his Singapore caddie US$24,000. "
.................... unquote.

Pro caddies usually also act as advisors to the golfers, and some of them are highly respected in the pro circuits, except those beautiful caddies in China and Thailand private golf courses. But i think to get involved with non players directly is definately a no no ... :thumbsd:

some of our local professional golf players were ex-caddies. they 'grew up' on the course.

poohbear said:

Status
Not open for further replies.