How would you produce your exhibition style prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's not true.

http://www.avs.com.sg/

If i want to make the best prints, i swear by them. No where else. I have had my exhibition prints printed by them and since then, i can't be bothered going any where else for prinitng liao.

They also happen to be sponsors for sipf 2010.
I know AVS very well as I'm an exhibition printmaker myself. I print for premier exhibitions in singapore and overseas as well but I wont go into the details about how we operate to produce fineart prints for some exhibitions here.

I guess they can give you a low price because they're simply taking your files and putting it into the printer with the correct profile which any lab print operator can do. So you're just paying for the material and manpower cost.

But serious exhibition printmaking is very much different so try not to have that misconception. =)

Last edited:
I know AVS very well as I'm an exhibition printmaker myself. I print for premier exhibitions in singapore and overseas as well but I wont go into the details about how we operate to produce fineart prints for some exhibitions here.

I guess they can give you a low price because they're simply taking your files and putting it into the printer with the correct profile which any lab print operator can do. So you're just paying for the material and manpower cost.

But serious exhibition printmaking is very much different so try not to have that misconception. =)
wow if one day i get to produce such premier quality prints(HUGE SIGH, god knows when if ever) i know who to look for! hahaha =D

Last edited:
wow if one day i get to produce such premier quality prints(HUGE SIGH, god knows when if ever) i know who to look for! hahaha =D
if you're passionate enough about photography, that day will not be far. =D

but i always encourage the photographers around me to try to make their own prints because i feel that printmaking is the final and most important step in the art of photography.

the satisfaction of holding a well printed image of a picture you've taken, edited and printed yourself is very very satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.