How would you feel if you were me? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody-Love

Nov 22, 2007
Singapore East
www.estherxie.sg
What would you do if you are a shoot organiser,
then the model backs out after agreeing with you twice that she will do the shoot?

I wont be angry if the reason is because she is sick or some good reason like being overeseas etc. But the reason she is giving me is that another photographer is offering her higher pay, on the same date and time.

It doesn't only affect me. It also affects the other photographers who are interested in the shoot and have already signed up.

I put alot of hard work in planning the shoots before posting up the thread because i have to make sure that the pricing is the lowest i can give. If i have to replace models, model rates will also change and then the pricing cant be that low already. That's why i always ask my models to confirm + guarantee before i post up the thread.

I've had models oversleeping/mia before the shoot, resulting in monetary loss over my side to refund the photographers, and also reputation downfall. That one i guess we can't really control cos we can't possibly go to the model's house and wake them up.

But i really can't stand this case whereby the model tells me that she's going to back out of my shoot just because someone else offered her higher pay, apparently this photographer is also from clubsnap and knows that im organising a shoot on the same date.

The girl's first shoot was done by me. After i saw how enthu she was, i started giving her some assignments and more chances than the other girls i have. But now, i feel so disappointed in her.

if i were u, i'll be disappointed.

its all about the $$$, looks like time is rip to weed out those wannabes? :think:

I just dont know what's on the minds of these girls.
They want a modelling career, yet they take it so unseriously.

how u know they serious about modelling career? :sweat:

"no harm, try try attitude?" :think: economy no good, got any job can liao... :sweat:

how u know they serious about modelling career? :sweat:

"no harm, try try attitude?" :think: economy no good, got any job can liao... :sweat:

They everytime come and tell me:
" im very serious for this, i have the passion for modelling, i dont mind how much im paid. please give me more assignments."

from your latest post..

should be Sharlene is the one who did not honour her word.

name them:thumbsup:

Melody-Love
Workshop/Shoot Organiser Join Date: Nov 2007

Re: ~ 22nd Nov, Saturday: A thankyou shoot for my great supporters - ** $15/$18/$25 *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by takeshi.lum
is ur the other shoot (SHA) on? cos u locked the thread.

Sharlene can't make it on that day so we replaced with regina.

They everytime come and tell me:
" im very serious for this, i have the passion for modelling, i dont mind how much im paid. please give me more assignments."

u believe them ah? :bigeyes:

Take them out of future jobs.

Make sure you let them know how to honour promises.

Take them out of future jobs.

Make sure you let them know how to honour promises.

I blacklist quite a number of girls already.
Im quite harsh to my models when they take my assignments unseriously. Boo, dont know how i can find serious models nowsaday. Not many around...

I blacklist quite a number of girls already.
Im quite harsh to my models when they take my assignments unseriously. Boo, dont know how i can find serious models nowsaday. Not many around...

This is an issue here locally, I would dare say a percentage of them (how much you should know better) are not really serious or don't know how to be professionally in this line.

It happens, money does things to people.

They do not consider about image, reputation and most of all, professionalism - these are long term attributes which unfortunately, some will overlook.

The short-term, go for higher pay mentality is quite commonplace here.

Well, in any case, dont engage them anymore :)

agreed... if they can do that to you... they can do the same to whoever's engaging them next.. Oh, and if money can buy over someone... they're not very far off to going into the prostitution industry.... And i reckon prostitutes might even have more dignity than your careless models...

Any model that don't have an idea that TIME=MONEY.... really shouldn't be a model.

Sorry to hear about that esther....

Have a database to blacklist them.

Let everybody know but be more careful about the legal implication.

Also to include the last 4 number of their ICs if any as they can change name anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.