How would u handle such a person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dradttg

Jul 26, 2007
www.tiongghee.multiply.com
I went to Hortpark yesterday to do a TFCD; Bumped into a guy that I met at one of the CS photo shoots and I said hi; He started following me after that.

I didn't jio him to join me for the TFCD because:
1) I dont even know his name
2) It is a TFCD, how can i ask anyone to join without asking the model beforehand?

He offered to hold reflector for me and even though I told him clearly NO, he continued to follow me. I ignored him throughout the shoot but that didnt deter him. He making comments and pointers here and there even though it is uncalled for. In the end, I realised that he is doing all this just because he wanted a lift from me.

I didn't want to lose my temper as it will affect my photo taking mood; But some people just feign ignorance when you dont scold him.

How would you handle such a situation?

regards

Are you sure he is not trying to get fresh with you? :sweat:

Maybe he thought you're very handsome.

Silence is gold :)

If I do have to open mouth. I will always try speaking to him in my dialect that not many can understand :bsmilie: It works every time....

i feel sorry for you....

I went to Hortpark yesterday to do a TFCD; Bumped into a guy that I met at one of the CS photo shoots and I said hi; He started following me after that.

2) It is a TFCD, how can i ask anyone to join without asking the model beforehand?

He offered to hold reflector for me and even though I told him clearly NO, he continued to follow me. I ignored him throughout the shoot but that didnt deter him. He making comments and pointers here and there even though it is uncalled for. In the end, I realised that he is doing all this just because he wanted a lift from me.

I didn't want to lose my temper as it will affect my photo taking mood; But some people just feign ignorance when you dont scold him.

regards

make him the tfcd! ask him shine the reflector unto himself, snap him and give him feminine poses to follow, ask him wear a dress and do splits..

do you have his picture?

If I were in your shoes, I also don't know how to handle him.

Be firm and diplomatic. Thick skin pple cannot listen or feel very well.

Agree. That's the only way to go.

If he does not realize it..then telling him you are doing a private session is your right. And if that still does not deter him then tell him he can't tag along as it is a private shoot. Being "member" of the same CS forum or having took part in some group shooting session in the past together does not give him/her special rights to do as they please.

You have to also look after the interest of the model you are shooting. Does that part not count too?

regards

The only way to embarrass this type of people is be exceedingly nice, kind, friendly, helpful and accomodating to him so much so your kindness and generosity overwhelm him into tears. Constantly remind him that he is like a son to you.

If that fails tell him that you find him cute and sexy and there is a quiet corner in Santosa Island you want to go "sunbathing" with him. :D

Get your flash and strobe him at full power till he goes half blind, then run away with your model?

You have to also look after the interest of the model you are shooting. Does that part not count too?

sammy888 replied what i wanted to say. didnt your model protest? it reflect badly on you since you didnt get him to go away.

Cannot agree more. This applies whether it is a TFCD or pay shoot. What happenned is not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

To me, i'll will just tell him off.

This is what I would have done.

How, will depend on many factors at that time.

Btw, I believe the person in question, should be outted, at least his nick on CS. Why? This is not being vindictive, but it serve as a deterrent for similar incidents in the future.

Actually, the person in question, his action bothered on being harrasement.

Dont know wat to do. Do some disappearing act if possible.

Hort Park? pass him $5 ask him go 'convenient' store buy drink, den throw "smoke grenade"! :devil:

Really don't understand some of those people, had one incident when i doing photo shoot for my gf and her friend, a group of young GWC just walk to toward us and wanted to shoot my them without even asking.

Before they do anything, i and my gf give them the stare and i just told them off directly. ;(

Don't know want is in their mind, think they are too desperate, really disgrace themselves.

Really don't understand some of those people, had one incident when i doing photo shoot for my gf and her friend, a group of young GWC just walk to toward us and wanted to shoot my them without even asking.

Before they do anything, i and my gf give them the stare and i just told them off directly. ;(

Don't know want is in their mind, think they are too desperate, really disgrace themselves.

In public, you really cannot stop them from shooting. We as photographers, have over and over again, claim our rights to shoot anything in public, and we do not have to ask for permission.

One way to deal with these GWC is start shooting them. They are most camera shy.

I will also remind them that any picture they choose, if they post them on "questionable" forums, my lawyer will be in contact with them. At the end of the day, we really cannot do much if they shoot over our shoulder and post the pictures on, say, CS.

So, shooting them shooting over your shoulder, an eye for an eye, best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.