How worried are you with the swine flu?

Are you worry about the swine flu?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being most worried, 1 being totally no worries.

1st there's the JE virus, then nipah, then bird flu, then SARS, then bird flu again, now swine flu...if worry about all this...stay at home better lor hor?

I'm not really worried about getting infected by it.

But rather more on the economical effects it will have on the world.... :sweat:

The only time I am likely to be worried is if you injected a pig in to me.

And I don't mean the one Pink Floyd used in their concerts !

It was passed by the health authorities some 10 years ago :bsmilie:

the only deaths we see are in mexico... we wonder if the swine flu is the only variable for deaths or is medical infrastructure and necessary care an important consideration as well?

i mean, the only death outside of mexico was a kid who crossed the border into US, and this kid was actually sent to the hospital in mexico before but was released and given painkillers to cure his fever. it really brings into question the kind of protocol the doctors in mexico follow even with the swine flu causing concern everywhere else.

i mean, its inevitable that some will die as sad as that may be, but with the proper medical attention and quick response the other countries are practicing, i believe the death toll can be controlled. quite a number of days have passed and many infected in various parts of the world and yet the death toll is non-existent outside mexico.

the problem is systemic...lack of transparency and enforcement to contain the spread...

I worry about catching goat flu more than pig flu.

I think I always see a black goat hanging around Kopitiam. :sweat: :sweat:

Waaaaa,

I don't want to be injected by a goat.....

I am out of Kopitiam untill it is all over.... unless you say it is safe and Mr Goat is sterile :bsmilie:

Today friend of my sneezed, people are literally running away from her. I pretended to cough, this auntie was terrified. Try it, its fun :bsmilie:

Can't say 'absolutely worry free', cannot say that I'm paranoid about it.

Life's so stressful, dun want to kill myself by getting paranoid. If its my time, its my time. Swine Flu or not :)

Of course worried lah.. frequent travel and work in very densely populated area. Human traffic worse than weekend in Orchard Road. This virus is very contagious.;(

Of course worried lah.. frequent travel and work in very densely populated area. Human traffic worse than weekend in Orchard Road. This virus is very contagious.;(

you really from IMH? My dad works there as an SSN and yes i'm worried for him.

Just now during dinner time, his ward called him for roll call, informing him that if anything happens will kena activate back

on a scale of worry.. i'd say 3. not too scared, not too heck care. Take care of your health, be careful.

Next week my office giving out flu kit......just like the SARS kit.....

kind of worried cus i work at the airport.

and also worried because this time unlike the other flus, when one is infected, there may be no symptoms at all at the point of transmission! so u wont know those among u who already kena or whatsoever until u urself kena the flu and experience the symptoms later on.

Better to increase your immune system, anyway, every year more people die of common flu than SARS or this flu........but this one kills more young adults than the common flu does

HS

It seems to me that people are totally ignorant about a crisis until it hits home... Sigh... Very disappointing...

being unconcerned and being ignorant is different. unconcerned means being not likely to panic when it does hit home. being ignorant is not knowing what the hell is going on.

being a worrywort or panicking about it wont keep us safe...if anything, it'll do more harm than good...imho.

haha looks like i'm not the only one totally bo chup about the swine flu.
i think i won't worry about the physical impact it will have on singapore as it is still pretty faraway~ in mexico and US.
i do agree that i'm sort of worried about the economical impact -_- recession is real bad now and now we have all these funny things coming up. what's the world becoming of~

Status
Not open for further replies.