how will 16:9 turn out in photos

renjitehsmex

Sep 23, 2007
hi, i'm currently shooting my pictures at 16:9 and i've not tried developing it. if i were to develop them at 4r, how will they turn out? will they be automatically cropped into the 4r size?

thank you!

it depends on your instruction,

if you didn't mention anything, and the lab people can't be bother to ask you also, the image will be crop to fill up the 4R print, cos the default setting is FILL IN.

if you tell them to FIT IN, the image will have top and bottom white borders on a 4R print (4"x6", 2:3 ratio).

hi, i'm currently shooting my pictures at 16:9 and i've not tried developing it. if i were to develop them at 4r, how will they turn out? will they be automatically cropped into the 4r size?

thank you!

it depends on your instruction,

if you didn't mention anything, and the lab people can't be bother to ask you also, the image will be crop to fill up the 4R print, cos the default setting is FILL IN.

if you tell them to FIT IN, the image will have top and bottom white borders on a 4R print (4"x6", 2:3 ratio).

TS, to enhance what catchlights mentioned.

This is how your 16:9 photo will look like in an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can still move the crop left and right.

Still, your shot will be cropped off.

Click here

The borders may look like this.

I used black, usually do it myself to adjust the placement/layout of the photo before i send for printing.

Click here

Last edited:
TS, to enhance what catchlights mentioned.

This is how your 16:9 photo will look like in an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can still move the crop left and right.

Still, your shot will be cropped off.

Click here

The borders may look like this.

I used black, usually do it myself to adjust the placement/layout of the photo before i send for printing.

Click here

thank you, you're a life saver. thanks!