How/Where to lodge complain for Silver Cab??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzechuan

Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
bad experience wif Silver Cab gangster driver this evening fm airport.

As I struggled wif lugguage into boot, he rudely ask me to HURRY UP saying TAXI CANNOT STOP AT TAXI STAND FOR LONG AS HE WILL GET FINE (??????). I ask him sure or not.... he say "go and be taxi driver then you know...." I "too lan" liao ;(

Wat's more to come was his dangerous driving as if singapore road only he pay road tax..... wavering in and out of TPE lanes!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

Reach my home, ask him to assist wif my lugguage, knn he simply bo chap me! :angry:

Just now call their hotline, the person cant even speak properly (i also paiseh for them!!!), then I hang up.... :eek:

I have condemned their service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER USE SILVER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOT MY 1ST EXPERIENCE OREADI!!!!!!!!!) :thumbsd:

Anyone know which "higher authority" can complain to????

Haven't tried Silvercab but I haven;t experienced much bad taxi drivers in SG. As there are many bad taxi drivers there are probably more bad normal car drivers.......I suggest you to write to the Forum section of your local newspaper which even Lee likes to read, so he told me.........

Hong Sien

Tried those newer cabs once, the green coloured cab and the silvercab.

Somehow there's something that doesn't appeal to me. I switched back to good ol' NTUC. :D

LTA. they will forward your complaint to the respective taxi co. for investigation.

i got an bad experience on green cab. After i got it the cab, the rude driver said "what thing are you carrying, why so smelly one, you bring **** to my car ah?". I damn TL and came out from the cab immediately. :angry: :angry: :angry:

i think u r jus one of the sway ones out there....

many yrs back, my brother hop into a NTUC cab with me..
he slowly put his bowling luggage into the boot... liew... it contained 3 bowling balls of cos got weight lah... den the cabby uncle said.. wey... will spoil his taxi ladio place at e boot... den kept complaining from destination A to destination B non stop.....

i was soooo fed up.. i copied his name and lisence plate... i think he saw me doing that.. den he apologised... saying he had a foul mood.. bla bla bla... i think tts very rude of him.. we are paying him man... not becos customer is king...

another incident....

my mum was driving at PIE, suddenly i heard n feel a loud bang....
den we shifted our car to the rd shoulder as usual... a london cab hit us sia...

den i was angry... i told him.. uncle how u drive... look at my bumper...
taxi: nono.. what happen?
ruth: u jus hit us
taxi: where got? i was feeling so smoothly in my ride
ruth: issit? how cum my bumper lidat?
taxi: maybe last time kena lor?
ruth: oh.. den why u stop at the rd shoulder with us?
taxi: *kept quiet*
ruth: dun bully us cos we gals... (he never never thot my family biz is in automotive engineering and insurance claiming)....
taxi: no no...
ruth: wah.. uncle .. how cum yr bumper kena out paint? new coat of paint sia.. so fresh...
taxi: no lah.. tat was few months back
ruth: uncle no bruff us... u wan me to call an automotive suveryor down or we call police?
taxi: i really didnt.... bla bla bla

anyway... he paid us $100 after talking terms to him....

i would jus let him off if he own up and apologise... jus a bumper kiss... :sticktong

If the taxi driver was rude and did infact drive in a dangerous manner, I really think it should be brought to the attention of the company. If only 1 person compliants, maybe the company will overlook it, but if more then 1 person compliant, Im sure they have to do something as it show without a doutb that the drive does indeed have a problem. This also ensures that other passengers and road users will not come to harm because one 1 person who has no respect for other's safety.

Passengers basically place their lives in the driver's hands when they enter a car/bus/etc. It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure safety is observed at all times. For me, I always help the driver look out, check blind spot etc.. hehe.. ;)

Sorry if I seem to feel rather strongly about this, I've had my fair share of bad taxi drivers. But that said, I've have some drivers who are pretty good too. Some who just like to sing hokkien songs and they drive.. :sweat:

Well, not all taxi drivers are bad or rude, but for those that are, I do hope that no matter what, they shd at least take in to consideration the safety of the passengers and other road users. Life is too short to be ended on the road man. So think of your love ones when U drive and drive responsibily. :thumbsup:

tzechuan said:
bad experience wif Silver Cab gangster driver this evening fm airport.

I have condemned their service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER USE SILVER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOT MY 1ST EXPERIENCE OREADI!!!!!!!!!) :thumbsd:

Anyone know which "higher authority" can complain to????

It will be better if you are more specific .. note the taxi number plate and from wat time to wat time you took the taxi as well as from wer to wer ... complaint to CASE ...

Not all silvercab drivers are bad ... in fact in any trade they are bound to have 1 or 2 bad apples in the basket ... do be specific easy for tracing.

I have encountered taxi drivers who delighted me with their services along the way ... :thumbsup: and also some annoyed me for charging me and taking the extra long roads to reach my destination .... :thumbsd:

sam_always said:
i got an bad experience on green cab. After i got it the cab, the rude driver said "what thing are you carrying, why so smelly one, you bring **** to my car ah?". I damn TL and came out from the cab immediately. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ha! ha! But if it was really smelly, you can't really blame the driver? Its his car, and he has to carry other people inside too.......maybe you got angry at the tone he was talking to you?

HS

jsbn said:
Tried those newer cabs once, the green coloured cab and the silvercab.

Somehow there's something that doesn't appeal to me. I switched back to good ol' NTUC. :D
What's there to appeal to you? A nice girl/andsome guy inside every cab to help you kill the travelling time? :). Its just a cab, bringing you from one place to another in a safe manner.

RuthBaby said:
i think u r jus one of the sway ones out there....

many yrs back, my brother hop into a NTUC cab with me..
he slowly put his bowling luggage into the boot... liew... it contained 3 bowling balls of cos got weight lah... den the cabby uncle said.. wey... will spoil his taxi ladio place at e boot... den kept complaining from destination A to destination B non stop.....

i was soooo fed up.. i copied his name and lisence plate... i think he saw me doing that.. den he apologised... saying he had a foul mood.. bla bla bla... i think tts very rude of him.. we are paying him man... not becos customer is king...
If I was carrying your bowlingball in my car (which I don't have btw), I would also complain :)..........if you think the bowling balls could damage something in his car, at least have the courtesy to leave it inside the passenger space lah! Or he could have asked you to do that......its not that you are paying him, that you can expect him to accept a certain chance of damaging his car (well it belongs to the taxi company, and he probably has to pay for any damage caused by passenger)......think from his side of viewpoint also

Hong Sien

I encounter once that.. after dinner, took a cab back... forget which type.. too tired an rush to go home fast...

this taxi uncle didn't put on safely bell. When I mention that.... he say.. 'never mind, night time nobody will check'
then he drive so fast that I had to hold my son close and tie to me.

well, i do believe there is always "black sheep" in every industry and they should be exposed to their employers! cos it is not fair to us "customers" who for nothing (pay them some more!) get **** from them! In my case, even sped and waver in and out of lanes putting my precious life in danger!! not worth dieing in such irresponsible hands...

mi gonna arrow this to LTA ............. :nono:

hongsien said:
If I was carrying your bowlingball in my car (which I don't have btw), I would also complain :)..........if you think the bowling balls could damage something in his car, at least have the courtesy to leave it inside the passenger space lah! Or he could have asked you to do that......its not that you are paying him, that you can expect him to accept a certain chance of damaging his car (well it belongs to the taxi company, and he probably has to pay for any damage caused by passenger)......think from his side of viewpoint also

Hong Sien

I agree with Uncle Kwee.

The other day our manager bought a car boot of bricks from nearby factory. When he drove home the two front wheels were in the air.

Don't put all bowling balls in the boot. Put one in the front seat on the lap of the taxi-driver, one in the backseat and the third one in the boot to balance things up.

Like dat everyone will be happy.

hongsien said:
Ha! ha! But if it was really smelly, you can't really blame the driver? Its his car, and he has to carry other people inside too.......maybe you got angry at the tone he was talking to you?

HS

not smelly at all.... really damn TL when he said " you bring SH** to car ah?" :angry: :angry: :angry: but i didnt write down his number plate...

Sion said:
The other day our manager bought a car boot of bricks from nearby factory. When he drove home the two front wheels were in the air.

Should write in to LTA and get 50% off road tax, only 2 wheels using the road ...

Oh, forgot the obligatory ;)

Singaporeans are so spoiled nowadays that everything is complain complain complain. If service is bad, by all means complain. But do you ever tip the taxi driver if he gave you a pleasant ride? COurtesy goes both ways. I think once customers start to tip good taxi drivers, then the number of unpleasant incidents will drop.

ckhaos said:
Singaporeans are so spoiled nowadays that everything is complain complain complain. If service is bad, by all means complain. But do you ever tip the taxi driver if he gave you a pleasant ride? COurtesy goes both ways. I think once customers start to tip good taxi drivers, then the number of unpleasant incidents will drop.

Agreed. There should be a gesture of appreciation from satisfied customers.

I think it's a bit much to expect us to open our wallets for tips. When you talk about money, people just close up or pretend not to hear it.

Haw 'bout a peck on the cheek or a hug to the taxi driver if he gives you "a pleasant ride"? This will cost people nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.