How/what you all do to hang your camera

SkyStrike said:
So far haven't find it a torture yet...but gross, yes... But the sling straps looks pretty ex (to me lar)...May get it one of these days.

Well you can look at Q strap haha, affordable haha

SkyStrike said:
So far haven't find it a torture yet...but gross, yes... But the sling straps looks pretty ex (to me lar)...May get it one of these days.

I mean sling the neck strap on the shoulder, not around the neck Hehe. :)

I mean sling the neck strap on the shoulder, not around the neck Hehe. :)

Actually, I tot that looks pretty cool... thou the idea of having the camera upside down beside me scares me abit. Like the lens hitting the wall or the camera fastener give way (thou it's proven that it' wont..)

SkyStrike said:
Actually, I tot that looks pretty cool... thou the idea of having the camera upside down beside me scares me abit. Like the lens hitting the wall or the camera fastener give way (thou it's proven that it' wont..)

The camera actually sticks very close to your hip and won't swing about. So if you are careful, you wont hit the lens against the wall.

I use the default sling from sony.. Have been wanting to get a new one but havent gotten down to it.

i use hand strap for EVIL, neck strap for DSLR but coil around my hand like hand strap and only around my neck when i need both hands free.

Something like this for my X10:

braidy.jpg

Photo from Barton1972.

DSLR just use the strap that comes with my cam.

2nd to Q strap. Cheap and good. Sometimes i use it to sling my 500D and 300 f4 too. Otherwise consider belt holsters like cowboys hold their guns haha.

There is a way to hang the camera on your body without using any neck or shoulder sling and it spread the weight of the camera to your body nicely.

Can't remember the name of the setup now but you need to get a belt and strap system very similar to a sbo.

regards about my query....

is 85cm long enough? how long is ur neck strap?

I dun think anyone has an answer for that, as everyone's body is really quite different in terms of length. You try on and adjust accordingly la..

coolthought said:
There is a way to hang the camera on your body without using any neck or shoulder sling and it spread the weight of the camera to your body nicely.

Can't remember the name of the setup now but you need to get a belt and strap system very similar to a sbo.

Spiderpro .. ? Hope i remember it correctly, but only good for small cam and small len

I saw something really nice on Mass Sales. Can't remember the brand though. Functions like a SpiderPro but +++. Looks better as well.

Last edited:
hi guys, may i know what is the Q strap you people talking about?

got link to see and purchase it? thanks

going overseas soon and i don't want to use the default neck strap

Well you can look at Q strap haha, affordable haha

oops, missed this post.. this Q-Strap sure looks nice and at that cost (1/3 of BR)

The camera actually sticks very close to your hip and won't swing about. So if you are careful, you wont hit the lens against the wall.

I think I will get the Q-Strap instead of BR :bsmilie: Probably I will be placing the "stopper" to make the camera not go to the side all the way. Sure feels weird to have the camera bumping my butt..

If you are worry about fastener give way, add on a fail safe.

Spiderpro .. ? Hope i remember it correctly, but only good for small cam and small len

actually what you need is a shoulder harness that is like this. probably a haversack might do.
Shoulder-Harness-V20-2.jpg
(picture from thinktank site)

with a ring on each harness. get a strap with quick release like the op-tech. Then customise it such that you will be able to hang the camera by hooking onto the rings on the shoulder harnesses.

the ends can be something like this to hook onto the rings
HALF-INCH-SWIV-SNAP-PI.jpg
(picture from UPstrap)

this way, you can probably hang a camera with a 70-200/2.8 lens whole day with minimum strain

Last edited: