How well would a shop that sells every Raynox item do?

Would a shop carrying Raynox stuff be profitable?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
What is your opinion on this? Would a shop that carries the full range of Raynox products do well in Singapore? Do take note I do not mean that the shop JUST sells Raynox stuff, but sells your usual cameras, plus having the whole range of Raynox stuff. How popular are Raynox products anyway? Comments are welcomed.

PS. This thread is just for research.

PPS. Please feel free to voice any opinion here, regardless if it's positive or negative.

Vulpix0r said:
What is your opinion on this? Would a shop that carries the full range of Raynox products do well in Singapore? Do take note I do not mean that the shop JUST sells Raynox stuff, but sells your usual cameras, plus having the whole range of Raynox stuff. How popular are Raynox products anyway? Comments are welcomed.

Anyone who has done any research on convertors for G2/G3/G5 will know that Raynox 0.72 convertor is highly regarded and cheap. The WCONs are slightly better, but much heavier and much more expensive. I think you could do a good trade in it if you could somehow reach out to digicam owners and let them know of this cheap and good alternative.

Vulpix0r said:

Negative. To do well, you do not need to carry the full range of Raynox products, you need to carry some "hot" Raynox products and sell them cheap. This is Singapore lah, money talks.

Astin said:
Negative. To do well, you do not need to carry the full range of Raynox products, you need to carry some "hot" Raynox products and sell them cheap. This is Singapore lah, money talks.

Okay then, let's just say the shop it able to sell the Raynox products at prices lower than buying from overseas site by 20-30%. As for full range, it's to cater to everyone's needs. Of course, certain product lines designed for Minolta A1s, Fuji S2Pro, will be limited in stock, while stuff like the WAs will be, let's just say sufficiently stocked?

Will the shop be able to make decent money money from Raynox products? Would the demand be there?

Vulpix0r said:
Okay then, let's just say the shop it able to sell the Raynox products at prices lower than buying from overseas site by 20-30%. As for full range, it's to cater to everyone's needs. Of course, certain product lines designed for Minolta A1s, Fuji S2Pro, will be limited in stock, while stuff like the WAs will be, let's just say sufficiently stocked?

Will the shop be able to make decent money money from Raynox products? Would the demand be there?

Not sure your definition of "decent money", how much profit is considered decent? Anyway here is my opinions:
- Singapore has many photographers with digicams (not DSLR), how many? You got to find out yourself.
- A high % have a urge to upgrade very soon after they buy the digicam, they want to buy a WA or tele, these are your customers.
- After a while, another % will want to sell their WA and tele in 2nd hand market cheaply, so they become your competitors.

can someone recommend a shop that carries some products of Raynox in Singapore?

I plan to get a Wide angle....
Original Fuji one is too expensive...

Heard that Vitacon very lousy :thumbsd: so i'm still looking now...
:think:

modenaslim said:
can someone recommend a shop that carries some products of Raynox in Singapore?

I plan to get a Wide angle....
Original Fuji one is too expensive...

Heard that Vitacon very lousy :thumbsd: so i'm still looking now...
:think:

No shops I know off-hand carry Raynox stuff. So this is quite an important thread.

may depend on how many users adopt DSLRs ;p if a few more entries come it at a low price, many people will switch sides and demand will drop a lot.

also, if a major retailor starts to carry Raynox stuff (like what Cathay has done so for Kenko), the increased supply will limit the profits of the shop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.