How well do you know your current equipment?

How well do you know your current equipment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about know quite well but still use one setting mostly? hehe

I'd say very well. When I used to have an EOS-50E, I loved the interface since I could change any setting without taking my eyes off the viewfinder. (Almost) the same with my EOS-30 now - except that you have to look up to change the metering mode. Well, I may have to use the manual to look at some custom functions for the 550EX but it's become second nature now.

BTW I did a lens test with all my lenses last weekend. Shot a magazine spread on a wall, tripod mounted and mirror locked up... just to get an idea of the sweet spots for all the lenses. The 100/2.8 macro USM simply decimated everything else, including the 50/1.8 and the 24/2.8. It was great even wide open. Will try and put up the samples when I get time.

I knew my equipment very well, can change setting in dark places except for custom funtion in F80.

ahhh.. that's what the backlit feature is for! now you can change custom functions even in the dark.. (except when you're blindfolded though).

Originally posted by Knighthunter
I knew my equipment very well, can change setting in dark places except for custom funtion in F80.

Actually huh, some equipment I don't even need them in front of me to be able to describe how to work it... especially the older stuff... but others newer bodies and accessories have just toooooo many functions to be able to know it all by heart!

Originally posted by rochkoh
ahhh.. that's what the backlit feature is for! now you can change custom functions even in the dark.. (except when you're blindfolded though).

Ssstt....you discloce my secret...:D
Also at DSLR CSM/CF can be accessed thru' LCD.

Originally posted by Larry
i can load film into my gaffered-beyond-recognition SLR without looking... :D

I'll wait to see who can clean/swab the CCD on his DSLR without looking....:devil:

Originally posted by Zerstorer
I'll wait to see who can clean/swab the CCD on his DSLR without looking....:devil:
goooot.... Yoda. Using the Force to lift the dust particles cos "size doesn't matter". :bsmilie: :D

Knowing your equipment includes knowing the lens?

Like optimum aperture, min focus, weight etc?

See who can strip his camera n put back again like the way he does to his M16...

i was so shocked to wake up one morning to find her not cuddled up next to me.

thank goodness she was just feeling humid and wanted to sleep in her silica gel bed.

I feel like the Mask... spreading Banal wherever I go...

but equipment aside, anyone was at the funan side?
full moon+ blue sky + lit govt house + big bird flying across the moon.
NO CAM! I went like AAARGH... then ultimate irony was like this guy with s45, I think, trying to shoot night scene of boat quay with flash on! felt like grabbing his cam to shoot my scene LOL.. but his gf was quite cute ;p
ck u shd have been there on top of the high st building... the blue and orange-yellow combi was damn strong today, spent 15 minutes watching the sun set over the durian+marina hotels...

Originally posted by denizenx
I feel like the Mask... spreading Banal wherever I go...

but equipment aside, anyone was at the funan side?
full moon+ blue sky + lit govt house + big bird flying across the moon.
NO CAM! I went like AAARGH... then ultimate irony was like this guy with s45, I think, trying to shoot night scene of boat quay with flash on! felt like grabbing his cam to shoot my scene LOL.. but his gf was quite cute ;p
ck u shd have been there on top of the high st building... the blue and orange-yellow combi was damn strong today, spent 15 minutes watching the sun set over the durian+marina hotels...

Aiya, wasted. :( :cry:

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.