How urgent is it to get a Dry Cabi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseenshadows

Oct 8, 2007
Marine Parade, Singapore
flickr.com
Is a dry cabinet of immediate importance? I've been using my 400D for about half a year now and i don't own a dry cabi though i'm planning to get one. when not in used, my cam is kept in my camera bag. will this greatly affect my camera next time? should i get a dry cabi ASAP? how long does it take for fungus to collect on my cam?

Also, quite important to note that i switch lens rather often as my 18-135 range comprises of two lenses.

And, i need recommendations for affordable dry cabinets. I read somewhere that digicabi offers delivery?

Is a dry cabinet of immediate importance? I've been using my 400D for about half a year now and i don't own a dry cabi though i'm planning to get one. when not in used, my cam is kept in my camera bag. will this greatly affect my camera next time? should i get a dry cabi ASAP? how long does it take for fungus to collect on my cam?

Also, quite important to note that i switch lens rather often as my 18-135 range comprises of two lenses.

And, i need recommendations for affordable dry cabinets. I read somewhere that digicabi offers delivery?

It's up to your own risk and wallet anyway. If you use your camera almost everyday, some would say a dry cab is not required (at your own risk though)

But the problem here in SG is that our humidity is VERY high (75% and higher) Esp now, at the end of the year when it's raining almost all the time, the humidity will be much higher. Fungus grows pretty fast and will hit when you least expect it, no point risking good glass right?

should at least invest in a dry cabinet man... nowadays dry cabi very cheap...;)

Guess it's very important in keeping ur lens and camera safe ba.. it sort of act like a bacteria cleaning cabinet.. knowing ur cam and lens is safe from fungus and stuffs.. anyway dry cabi is all very cheap now..

cheap like how much? and where to get? recommend some good places to go to?

If you are really cheap, a dry box or a good tupperware with selica gel will also do.;)

Very important, as mention above fungus will grow in your lens n camera due to the high RH here. Trust me I have learnt my lesson the hard way, now I kept them inside always. You can order straight from Digicabi more choice and free delivery. I got mine from TK self carry.

I ordered one for my friend from John 3:16 for under $300 delivered.

i just got mine from 1 of the shop at peninsular at $105. model is digi-cabi db-036. its a 30l dry cabi. all major courts outlet selling another brand at $98 but only 23l.

Last time I heard, the 036L Digi-Cabi at Carrefour selling at $99.:)

Invest on one now before its too late...:nono:

Hmm. So what size should I get? So far i have one 400D body, and two lenses (see my signature), planning to get at least a prime lens (either 35mm or 50mm) and a UWA (EF-S 10-22) within the next two years or so.

Hmm. So what size should I get? So far i have one 400D body, and two lenses (see my signature), planning to get at least a prime lens (either 35mm or 50mm) and a UWA (EF-S 10-22) within the next two years or so.

30 - 50 litres is enuff for you... but if you intend to buy more later, on, you can opt to get a bigger one...

My 'arsenal' is almost what you have. I've also 2 compact cams, camcorder, batteries and flash.... fills up my 60L pretty quickly.

50L should be ok IMO.

A 30L fills up quite quickly, consider a larger sized one.

Personally, a Dry Cabinet is essential.

It does not take much for fungi to start (although it might not be visible to the eye as of now), might as well protect your camera sooner rather than later.

using db36 model here... although it comes with 2 tray, but the space is enough for 1 tray + all my stuffs...

buy 60L min lor, can put more thing charger, battery.... carrerfour with free delivery est. $168

More Impt. then your camera. You think lah, you want to sleep on the street or sleep in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.