How u guys keep your Flash/Speedlite

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskye168

Aug 28, 2006
Hi,

Just to confirm if it is alright to keep the Flash/Speedlite out of dry-cabi? (cos :dunno: might dry-up eg. the tube, etc):confused:

Thanks to all.;)

Hi,

Just to confirm if it is alright to keep the Flash/Speedlite out of dry-cabi? (cos :dunno: might dry-up eg. the tube, etc):confused:

Thanks to all.;)

it's best to keep all electronic equipments in the dricabi.

however, you have to fire the flash at full power and immediately switch it off.
i.e, do not let the flash recharge for another 'READY' light, before you store it.

Hi,

Thanks to all.;)

should be ok since there's no optics.

however, you have to fire the flash at full power and immediately switch it off.
i.e, do not let the flash recharge for another 'READY' light, before you store it.

what's the logic behind this move?

becoz the speedlight or flash are powerd by a capacitor which stores the power to make the bulb flash, since the capacitor is made up of some liquids substance. it might be at risk of drying up,

but so far it does not happen to me,

can someone confirm this Fact or fiction....

thanks!

Hi Jeanie,

Thanks alot for your tips.:thumbsup: Cos I remembered afew years back when I went NSC to collect my flash/speedlite back, I asked what causes the flash to failed (can't really remember what was chgd) & was advise not advisable to keep in dry-cabi:confused: :dunno:

Thanks anyway.:cool:

becoz the speedlight or flash are powerd by a capacitor which stores the power to make the bulb flash, since the capacitor is made up of some liquids substance. it might be at risk of drying up,

but so far it does not happen to me,

can someone confirm this Fact or fiction....

thanks!

Hi,:) really thanks for d explanations:thumbsup:

keep mine in dry cab....

lazy mah....put all eqmt in 1 place.. :bsmilie:

even though not need.

yep ...remove batt....infact cam batt also remove

Hi ernest_ted,

Thanks;) gd advise & noted.:cool:

Regarding flashlights/speedlights not having optics..i kind of disagree, because there is a piece of glass inside most flash for measuring distance between subject and flash..hence i always keep my flash in dry-cabi..

So far my flashes still working, except for one SB22 forget to take out battery and the contact points oxidize due to leakage..the longest working flash is the National flash left by my father almost 25 yrs liao, still firing well..

ops...i didnt bother to remove battery and just keep my 550ex in my camera bag cos my dry cab too small

after more than 5 years of knocks & abuse, rain & shine...it is still going strong with my heavy usage + continuous firing with battery pack

Canon 550ex :thumbsup:

ops...i didnt bother to remove battery and just keep my 550ex in my camera bag cos my dry cab too small

after more than 5 years of knocks & abuse, rain & shine...it is still going strong with my heavy usage + continuous firing with battery pack

Canon 550ex :thumbsup:

I think it's also because you use your gear often that's why they last longer.

In S'pore, the humid weather is a problem, and that may cause corrosion of the contacts in- and outside the flashgun. In any case, I think it's good practice to stick everything in the dri cab, set to medium RH, then occasionally open it to "air" the cab and take your gear out to use. Fire off a few shots with flash also good.

i took out my metz yesterday after storing in dricabi for about 8 years.

still works like brand new.however, the 'whiteness' of the flash i've yet to determine and i dunno how to 'test' it lah.:dunno: :)

I use it everyday so no point storing in the dry cab. If need to store for very long period then must always remember to remove the batts cause danger of battery leaks.

there is no right or wrong way to keep the flash....

Its all up to you...

i took out my metz yesterday after storing in dricabi for about 8 years.

still works like brand new.however, the 'whiteness' of the flash i've yet to determine and i dunno how to 'test' it lah.:dunno: :)

like dat percha lobang already

how can newbie have 8 years of experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.