How to

Status
Not open for further replies.

vader

Aug 25, 2003
DEATH*
Visit site
...ensure the pics you scan and touch using your home pc and moniter to be nice on everyones' moniter?? I have scan my pics and adjust the contrast on my moniter and it seems ok. But when I log-in using my office pc, the pics seems to be too contrast!!

Is there some way for me to adjust my moniter to be almost the same as other peoples' moniter??

Experts pls help me, thanks alot. I'm not good in digital stuff. :embrass:

there is no way to do that as far as i reckon...

any suggestions from the pros? :D

you can't. for the simple reason that everyone uses different types of monitors, and different settings.

what i normally do is make sure the pix looks reasonably decent on my own monitor, and it shouldn't differ too much on someone else's monitor (unless that person's settings is waaaaaaaay off). i wouldn't worry too much about this if i were you. just shoot and post more!

vader said:
...ensure the pics you scan and touch using your home pc and moniter to be nice on everyones' moniter?? I have scan my pics and adjust the contrast on my moniter and it seems ok. But when I log-in using my office pc, the pics seems to be too contrast!!

Is there some way for me to adjust my moniter to be almost the same as other peoples' moniter??

Actually there might be a solution...Just change to a mac lor...haha. Just kidding. Macs come with their own monitor calibration software...

Think the important thing is to calibrate your monitor so that when you print the pictures out it looks good can already.

Eh, you see, some websites have fantistic pics with good tones and contrast. just wondering if I'm going to built my own website one day, will the pics look nice. :dunno:

ok, pics on LCD monitors always look saturated. I edit the contrast in my home with a CRT monitor and post it on the net. But then When I login using my office monitor which is also CRT, it looks more contrast.

Check this link Old man with cat and tell me if you can see the details of the left eye of the man...at home I'm able to see details

vader said:

You have to calibrate you monitor, you got a few options :

1: Introducing Spyder :
greatcolorvisionpromo.gif

2: Photoshop came with a calibration utility. You calibrate it under control panel. Calibrate untill the gray box looks right.

3: 3rd party software like Colorific is cheaper than hardware type. It came with a sticker, you paste it on your monitor and adjust your monitor so that it matches the sticker.

4: Some graphic card came with calibration software too.

Eh, no:2 you are refering to adobe gamma isitz ninelives?? my office pc has it but my home pc don't have it leh. :confused: in side control panel right?

Larry said:
you can't. for the simple reason that everyone uses different types of monitors, and different settings.

what i normally do is make sure the pix looks reasonably decent on my own monitor, and it shouldn't differ too much on someone else's monitor (unless that person's settings is waaaaaaaay off). i wouldn't worry too much about this if i were you. just shoot and post more!

Thanks Larry, seems like the lcd moniter more contrast. but another crt moniter in my office also like tat. tats why I feel my moniter got calibration problem.

vader said:
Eh, no:2 you are refering to adobe gamma isitz ninelives?? my office pc has it but my home pc don't have it leh. :confused: in side control panel right?

Did you install Photoshop on your home pc? Try reinstalling.

ai... don't have the CD anymore....maybe your 3rd method better...where to buy it??

vader said:
ai... don't have the CD anymore....maybe your 3rd method better...where to buy it??
I have a spare Colorific sticker. You want I can pass to you somehow lor.

But I normally prefer to set mine using a calibration print. What I do is I print one of those at my preferred lab and then match them to my monitor. So far, its been my most cost effective solution ($0.30). And outputs at most places are good, even offset printing. So that's good enough for me.

Thanks Azure, I need it more to built my website, not for printing, just want to make the pics look nice on most peoples' monitor if not all.me will be at seed to sell something tonite, will you be there??

vader said:
Thanks Azure, I need it more to built my website, not for printing, just want to make the pics look nice on most peoples' monitor if not all.me will be at seed to sell something tonite, will you be there??
Unfortunately, I dunno yet. Cuz I'm running around some critical errands these 2-3 days. If I do go there, should be around 5+... :think:

But I'll go dig it out of the cupboard and bring the sticker with me lor.

My monitor is a SONY G420 and it is not calibrated in anyway since I bought it about a year back. I'm using it as it is. I'm not sure what details u see in the left eye of the old man pic. I see the white of the eye and his pupil. That's about all I can see with respect to the eye itself. Also can see his eyelids (double eyelids it seems) plus his brow but not much detail. Note that I'm quite short sighted and the pic is a little small. Is that what u see? Or do u see more on your monitor? Never bothered to calibrate monitor cos it's pretty troublesome and I dun really see the need to lor..... :D

TME said:
My monitor is a SONY G420 and it is not calibrated in anyway since I bought it about a year back. I'm using it as it is. I'm not sure what details u see in the left eye of the old man pic. I see the white of the eye and his pupil. That's about all I can see with respect to the eye itself. Also can see his eyelids (double eyelids it seems) plus his brow but not much detail. Note that I'm quite short sighted and the pic is a little small. Is that what u see? Or do u see more on your monitor? Never bothered to calibrate monitor cos it's pretty troublesome and I dun really see the need to lor..... :D

what calibrating software are you using? change to a better or easier to use one lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.