How to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
... Hi CS'ers

Just wanted to know if anyone here uses Outlook Express 6 and knows how to block multiple email addresses?

For the moment, i have to manually open the email one by one, and then click on the sender's name and then right click, choosing the block sender option.. is there a faster and more efficient way of doing this?

Kindly enlighten. :)

Cheers!

er use mail rules ?

wolf... those which u dun wish to receive save them as one of your outlook address contact entries, then use rules to delete those emails with those email addresses. boleh? :p

Originally posted by nEko_O
wolf... those which u dun wish to receive save them as one of your outlook address contact entries, then use rules to delete those emails with those email addresses. boleh? :p

This is the same as open email->right click email->add to spam list.

Sadly, this is the feature I love to have also and wished Office 11 can implement it. However, it is not implemented.

Wolfus, your way is the only way to add people to spam list. However, spammer these days are damme smart and usually use a lot of funny email address to spam. Thus they usually can escape your spam list filtering.

You can try to block an entire domain, however, note that important mail from the domain will be filtered too.

Note: I have around 300 spam in my mailbox everyday :)

how about just set the mail rule to download only mails where the sender is in your address book.. and DELETE the rest :devil: :devil: :devil:

Originally posted by caseytan
how about just set the mail rule to download only mails where the sender is in your address book.. and DELETE the rest :devil: :devil: :devil:

Thought about that, but kinda figured people move around and change all the whilst... might lose out on contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.