2. Make yourself look big...
Asian_Koel_2.jpg

3. & try to look bigger than the competitor
Asian_Koel_3.jpg

4. Face Off!!
Asian_Koel_4.jpg

5. She is watching your every step
Asian_Koel_5.jpg

The red eyes does make them look very fierce :O it is a good series but ti feel that in some shots the foregorund is still alittle too cluttered.

raptor84 said:
it is a good series but ti feel that in some shots the foregorund is still alittle too cluttered.

i think cant help it ba...becos shooting bird in the 1st place already is a hard thing, and 2nd to get them to be in nice spots, its even a harder thing.. and to be able to have birds with nothing blocking, its even harder..

kcuf2 said:
i think cant help it ba...becos shooting bird in the 1st place already is a hard thing, and 2nd to get them to be in nice spots, its even a harder thing.. and to be able to have birds with nothing blocking, its even harder..

Sorry lah no expreince :D jsut commenting on what i feel ;)

Hi, very unusual but nice bird shots you have there. The birds in the 1st 4 pics, are they from sg? Do they make the sound woooo ...pause.... wooo...pause...woooo...pause...wooo...and getting higher in pitch and faster each and every time? :dunno:

Cheers..

wong1979 said:
Hi, very unusual but nice bird shots you have there. The birds in the 1st 4 pics, are they from sg? Do they make the sound woooo ...pause.... wooo...pause...woooo...pause...wooo...and getting higher in pitch and faster each and every time? :dunno:

Cheers..

yep the 1st 4 can be found in singapore. you can find some in the botanical gardens...but i dunno where the thread starter took them
mmm..sound i cant remember, but its very loud and becos of the sound i spotted them

Very nice taken...

...sometime I feel that when commenting other people pic, pls try to understand the situation when & how the photo was taken...especially on nature or wildlife...they are not paid models posed according to your requirement...no offence pls...just a gentle reminder...

kcuf2 said:
yep the 1st 4 can be found in singapore. you can find some in the botanical gardens...but i dunno where the thread starter took them
mmm..sound i cant remember, but its very loud and becos of the sound i spotted them

i've always heard them aroudn my neighbourhood but never managed to spot them... nice..

Thanks to all for viewing & commenting.

Yes, these are taken in SG... yes they are the wans who goes "hoo-whee" in early morning or evening.

Pic #5 is the female Asian Koel. The black wans are the males fighting for her attention... the winner gets to breed... ;)

Madcat II said:
Thanks to all for viewing & commenting.

Yes, these are taken in SG... yes they are the wans who goes "hoo-whee" in early morning or evening.

Pic #5 is the female Asian Koel. The black wans are the males fighting for her attention... the winner get to breed... ;)

I see what's pic 5 all about now. I thought pic 5 was a kite or something :embrass: until u mentioned that it's a female version of the Asian koel. Surprised to find that it's so diff from the male. Thanks for sharing

Great action shots, Jason. Well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You have been MIA from CS for sometime eh? Now got more time must shoot shoot shoot and post post post here ok?

Cheers

John Tan said:
Very nice taken...
...sometime I feel that when commenting other people pic, pls try to understand the situation when & how the photo was taken...especially on nature or wildlife...they are not paid models posed according to your requirement...no offence pls...just a gentle reminder...

I think it is ok to give comments in this forum as long as it is not personal attack or damaging. I am sure raptor84 do not mean any harm but was giving his honest opinion which everyone of us in this forum are entitled to.

In my opinion, I can see different interpretation and style in nature photography and to each his/her own, there are no which is better or worse.

If you look at especially the US naturephoto sites, they prefer clear background and less clutter leaves. Whereas if you look at the various Nature society or birding sites the are many photos of birds in their environment and behavior action, mostly not on the cleanest background. Both have its beauty and also brings out the beauty of nature in its own ways. Whichever style it is important for the photog to know what he is shooting and what he wants to bring out. If the photog is able to bring out what he intends to show then he is successful and the pics will show it, (of course the basic photography technique and technical competency are important).

In this instant Jason has brought up the behavior of the Asian Koel well and that's in itself is a great series.

If a photog do not know or do not have the faintest idea of what he intends to show but just shot then the picture is just a snapshot that's all.

One a personal note, though I prefer clean background I still do appreciate the beauty of such action and documentary shots - is there such a thing call nature journalistic shot??? :think: kekeke :bsmilie:

Well the weekend is coming, time to prepare your stuff for another weekend of great outdoor :)

Cheers

thanks again to all,

PE, yes, I was observing the mating confrontation of the males during this breeding season... It was my privilege to be able to so do, thus I captured some shots to share with all here... I agree that these aren't high on the artistic scale.

FYI, I observed a total of 2 males confronting each other, while 2 females were nearby watching the whole episode... what is more amazing is that all these happened on a single tree... cool eh, 4 Asian Koel on a single tree, that's a discovery channel moment... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.