How to walk up Sheares Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centuryegg

Aug 16, 2005
Dear All, was driving past Sheares bridge and noticed that there is a stunning sunset view with the CBD in the foreground. Would like to try taking some shots to see how it turns out. However anyone know how do you walk up to the Sheares Bridge? Anyone knows if there is a staircase somewhere? If not dont tell me I have to walk all the way from Marina South??

last time i walked up as flight of stairs from Millenia Walk, along d traffic flow (Raffles Blvd). now doing Cicle Line dunno got block tt path or not. cut throu grass patch.

there's another way up but d view may b obstructed by passing vehicles, walk further along Raffles Blvd, turn left. walk pass a bus-stop, d stairs should b within sight. :)

The stairs is not blocked.
Anyway, just look out for the lowest point of the bridge.
It's just across the road from Millenia Tower.
You will see a flight of stairs that will lead you up the bridge.

jus hope it doesn't rain wen u r there... ;p

there must be a staircase somewhere. maybe not, a lift would be great. haha!

centuryegg said:
Dear All, was driving past Sheares bridge and noticed that there is a stunning sunset view with the CBD in the foreground. Would like to try taking some shots to see how it turns out. However anyone know how do you walk up to the Sheares Bridge? Anyone knows if there is a staircase somewhere? If not dont tell me I have to walk all the way from Marina South??

centuryegg said:

wayupbridge.jpg

Just found the simple map I did for a friend to get to the bridge to shoot the National Day Firework...made it as small as I can to upload. Hope it is clear enough.

There are two way to get up the bridge from Suntec depending on which side you want to face on the bridge. One ways lets you face the Marina Bay Park and the sea and the other one will let you face the Shenton Way and Fullerton Hotel.

The Pink route (A) stair is somewhat hidden from being seen near the main road because of heavy (green area marked) construction going on behind the woodenl wall/walkway they built along the road. But they did make a small walkway for you to still get to the stair way. ( The blue path I draw ) Route (B) in red is the stair way leading you to the side of the bridge that face the sea and Marina Bay. You can't miss the stairway for this one.

Think ..should be quite easy to track them both down and doubt it look any difference from when I was there in Aug . :)

a picture speaks a thousand words, ups 4 Sammy888! :thumbsup:

centuryegg said:
Use your leg;p
Just kidding. There is a stair case along this road(cant remember the name) just outside BK at MWalk.;)

Sion said:
Hi,

How about if I use tripod on the bridge. Would there be too much vibrations from the traffic for longer exposure?

Thanks.

yo sion vibrations are generally more on the expansion joints of the bridge..depending on how long your exposure is, if you wanna shoot cbd skyline shall be okay..but shoot star tail is definitely a no no..:nono:

A-Von said:
yo sion vibrations are generally more on the expansion joints of the bridge..depending on how long your exposure is, if you wanna shoot cbd skyline shall be okay..but shoot star tail is definitely a no no..:nono:

they should make tripod with Vibration Reduction features... maybe there is one out there that i dont know of...

Sion said:
Hi,

How about if I use tripod on the bridge. Would there be too much vibrations from the traffic for longer exposure?

Thanks.

last time i tried taking pics there. there r times wen a huge & heavy container truck approaches & i felt d bridge vibrate- enough 2 ruin a pic. :(

there are locations on the bridge where vibrations are minimal or almost none. You just have to walk and stand to find out. For best result, best is to bring a bottle of mineral water half filled and put it on the ground to see if there are any ripples.

For your information, sweet spots are exactly above the giant pillars holding the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.