How to walk into marina east???

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyguy

Feb 20, 2007
North
hi, this is a very noob question... i heard marina east is a good location to take firework photo but have no idea how to get there... anyone can help me with this?

anybody?? help??

i see... just wan a not so crowded location for my group of friend tat wanna watch firework... if its accessible... i won't mind... just need abit of direction there

was thinking of walking from suntec to the ECP to cross the river to Rhu condo which i am not sure if its possible to do it... and down toward the marina east location

Last edited:
I don't think it is possible to walk from Suntec.
Share a cab with your friends. It is much easier.

best way there is from the old thread

Marina East is only a good place to take if you want to avoid the big crowd around Marina Bay area.

Unlike sometimes in the past before the floating platform was built, Marina East is now not an ideal place to take the fireworks because the facing is not good : from the side and the fireworks blooms will be stacked together without any distinctive pattern.

Nevertheless, the National Day fireworks duration is not long enough nor are they spectacular enough to justify going to Marina Bay area 3-4 hours ahead to reserve a good place to shoot them.

From Marina East, can shoot different types of pictures with different tones :

Here are a few pictures taken from there yesterday for the National Day Preview :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4219908&postcount=565

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4219975&postcount=566

Last edited:
clockunder... i like ur photo alot... i also went for the rehersal... but was at espanlade... ECP and espanlade roof was being sealed up by police...
and from ur shot it seem like the bridge wasn't much a problem.. and yea, this year firework not really nice... they concentrate all the firework at 1 position... whole things look very messy and very easily over expose... oh yea and at the espanlade there got these balloon lighted up bird that is so super ugly, so when u take from espanlade will have that ugly bird in the pic

From old thread they say they go there by taking bus 158 from aljunied MRT...

Last edited:
clockunder... i like ur photo alot... i also went for the rehersal... but was at espanlade... ECP and espanlade roof was being sealed up by police...
and from ur shot it seem like the bridge wasn't much an problem.. and yea, this year firework not really nice... they concentrate all the firework at 1 position... whole things look very messy and very easily over expose...

From old thread they say they go there by taking bus 158 from aljunied MRT...

Yes, as usual, the Sheares Benjamin Bridge flyover across the river and the Esplanade roof garden would be cordoned off.

The Sheares Benjamin bridge isn't prominent because it's quite a distance away from Marina East.

The fireworks will only appear spread out if you face them perpendicularly ....i.e. either from the floating stadium or at IR construction site across Marina Bay.

I think, just like last year, the fireworks on actual National will be much better than the NE shows and preview. However, it's going to be still some way off from those we saw during the Singapore Fireworks Festival in 2006 where there were participants from a few countries (Italy, China, France etc.).

Yes, take bus 158 and alight at the bus stop indicated in the earlier thread. Then you need to walk 15-20 minutes to a more ideal shooting location along the river banks.

Last edited:
Nice Pics... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The fireworks will only appear spread out if you face them perpendicularly ....i.e. either from the floating stadium or at IR construction site across Marina Bay.

the ndp 08 firework will not appear spread out as much as compare to previous year.. news report yesterday have interviewed the firework organiser and he say that this year firework is special becoz all the firework will be shooting at a concentrated spot than spreading out... and thus from watever location u are at.. the main firework will look cluster (with the mini firework at the floating platform)

well to them tat is special... special in a bad way to me... haha ... anyway abit of the firework and the bird can be seen on the above post...

Remember to bring insect repellent as there are some mosquitoes there.

I got bitten twice last Saturday before I put on some SAF insect repellent which I always leave in my bag just in case.

After applying some insect repellent on my arms, legs and necks, I wasn't bothered by any insect anymore.

SAF insect repellent. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nevermind, I found it already. That old post is a treasure trove of information regarding Tanjong Rhu!

Last edited:
Nevermind, I found it already. That old post is a treasure trove of information regarding Tanjong Rhu!

But the public car park at Tanjong Rhu is very small and you may not find space there this coming Saturday.

The alternative is to park over at areas adjacent to Indoor Stadium where there are many parking spaces.

In either case, you have to walk quite a distance to the shooting area. (If you have a bicycle which can be mounted onto your car, bring it and ride your way around there. Remember to bring a lock to secure the bike along the railing just before you make your way into the inaccessible area along the river bank).

And just FYI, construction work is going on for the Marina East Bay Park there and the area is cordoned off. So, to get to the shooting location, you have to squeeze through a narrow passage along the river bank next to Costa Rhu condo first.

Last edited:
Doubtful I'll be going there this weekend but I'll definitely go recce the place at some point. Good views from that place, not just for fireworks.

is it still accessible? i went there last year. got to cross a canal.. etc.
i tot it is now fenced up to build the city park or something? still can go?
last year i parked at cozy bay and walked there. a bit far, but better than dun have.
but heard cozy bay is closed now...

just fly past the area ,no access lo .

Status
Not open for further replies.