How to view photos in Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

achanth

Dec 12, 2005
www.photography-xylec.blogspot.com
I have difficulties to view photos I have downloaded into my computer, which has vista operating system.

When I click the file, I can see icons, but not the photos. Unless I click on Picture Manager, which is not what I want.

In win xp, I remember I download photos into a folder, and straightaway can view all the photos in folder, on the righ hand side. as this has a picture preview. Does not seem to have in the vista.

Kindly advise. Thanks.

I have difficulties to view photos I have downloaded into my computer, which has vista operating system.

When I click the file, I can see icons, but not the photos. Unless I click on Picture Manager, which is not what I want.

In win xp, I remember I download photos into a folder, and straightaway can view all the photos in folder, on the righ hand side. as this has a picture preview. Does not seem to have in the vista.

Kindly advise. Thanks.

I've not encountered any probs when viewing pics directly on my Vista system unless it's in RAW which needs to be converted first. When i want to view any pic, i just double-click on it and it opens automatically in Windows Photo Gallery.

i'm not using vista but you could right click and choose open with Windows Photo Gallery.

You can also download Windows Live Photo Gallery which is suppose to be better

In the win xp, when I want to attach a photo to any document or web page, I can browse and can see the photo, so that I can choose the right photo to browse.

In vista, I cannot do this. when I double click I can see the photo, but one by one, not when I want to do the attachment )e.g.email. I cannot see the thumbnail photo, only the icon. why is this so?

My question should be how to preview photos in the windows vista folder? Just found out:
Go to computer icon, double click, click view folder, untick "always show icon not thumbnails"/
This has been bothering me for some time...thanks to forumners in (forgot where...)

Status
Not open for further replies.