how to use this antique camera?

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
just received this in mail, bought because i was curious about vintage photography, except for some dust in the view finder, the camera is mint

have no idea how to operate the camera tho, anyone uses the same camera?

2duh4xj.jpg

sorry i duno which is the most forum to ask.

Last edited:
The two dials in front appear to be for shutter speed (left) and aperture (right). The white button is the shutter release. The crank on the side is for winding the film and probably cocking the shutter. Can't see from the picture how to open the camera. 6x6 implies 120 film so you can probably still take photos with this camera.

Did you try Googling first ?

yeap i read but limited info on it.. i have no experience with film, much less an antique camera...

just received this in mail, bought because i was curious about vintage photography, except for some dust in the view finder, the camera is mint

2duh4xj.jpg

From what I can see, very simple controls
white button - shutter button
left dial aperture - 2 settings only f/8 or f/16
right dial - shutter speed 1/8s or 1/25 s

Takes 120 roll film - manual wind after each shot

Check out this website Altissa Box - Camerapedia

Show us a picture of the back and the bottom of the camera so we can suggest how to open the camera and load film inside. After that, you've already got all the information needed to snap some shots.

2duh4xj.jpg

First you must find out whether it takes CF or SD card? :)

That's B for Bulb. Means the shutter stays open as long as you press the shutter release.
It is not 1/8 sec.
At 1/25 sec and at F16, you may over expose on a bright sunny day. With ASA 100 film. If you use faster film, say e.g. ASA 400 even worse.
Modern 120 format film is more sensitive than when this camera was made.