How to use dry-box

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanax

Jul 30, 2007
Bishan
Hi,

I just got the Digi-cabi 30L dry box (DB-30). The world-class manual seems too high tech for me...is anybody using it ? How do I set the humidity level?

According to the piece of paper - or the world class manual:

User Guide for Dry Cabinets
Humidity setting instructions
AD and DB Series
Cabinets with battery operated LCD digital hygrometer and low power consumption T.E. cooling refrigerated semiconductor crystal dehumidifier.

Setting by turning the knob clockwise or anti-clockwise, clockwise toward point C represent stronger moisture absorbing estimate reading of humidity level at 25-35%. Green LED light on the knob turn brighter and dimmer when knob is turned clockwise/anticlockwise.

Anti-clockwise towards point A represents weaker moisture absorbing, estimated humidity reading at 50-70%.

Constant evaporating moisture at all set point, low power consumption, no noise, sound or heat. All estimate humidity reading is based on a 60litres cabinet.

The only knob inside the case only has HI & LO, with colored markers blue, red & green. I don't see any A,B,Cs. So maybe I'm just supposed to adjust the knob until I get 45-55% ?

I called one of Digihub's sales people but apparently its her day off so she can't help me - however if I was calling to make a bulk purchase of 4000 units..she probably would have made an exception

Any advice?

hey buddy, i got mine yesterday too.
i also cant understand the manual. but i figured out that clockwise is to make it drier (i.e. less humid) and anti-clockwise is to make it not so dry (i.e. more humid). The guy who delivered to me adviced me to set it to point to the line dividing the blue and red segment.
it takes quite a long while to keep the moisture out. few hours.

hope this helps.

Hi

Just to share an email from Digihub.

i am sorry regarding the instruction manual. The dehumidification unit you have is the latest model and the new instruction manual is not ready.

Not to worry as this is a simple devise to operate.

First maybe you can set at roughly around 10 o'clock direction and wait for a few hours before the humidity stablise.
the "H" = High humidity while the "L" = Low humidity

For example if you are getting 60% at 10 o'clock direction you can turn it towards clockwise direction to achieve a lower humidity.

If you are still not able to achieve the humidity level between 45%-55% please do give us a call at +65 64510010

i also cant understand the manual. but i figured out that clockwise is to make it drier (i.e. less humid) and anti-clockwise is to make it not so dry

:think: yeah I figured as much - but thanks for the confirmation.

I'm having a problem keeping the RH stable between 45 - 55%, coz coz when the air-con is on it goes down to 35% & when the air-con is off it goes to about 46%

How like that ?? (& this is the only room that does not get direct sun-light in the day)

:think: yeah I figured as much - but thanks for the confirmation.

I'm having a problem keeping the RH stable between 45 - 55%, coz coz when the air-con is on it goes down to 35% & when the air-con is off it goes to about 46%

How like that ?? (& this is the only room that does not get direct sun-light in the day)

If it gets more than 55% when you turn the power off altogether, then there must be a position in the regulator which can give you 45-55%. Usually, this position is surprisingly low - and the green LED on the switch is completely turned off. Start from the extreme left and turn the knob about 1/2 degree at a time, then waiting for it to stabilize.

I leave mine between the "B" and "C" position and get a constant 42% RH.

What I did was to start with the unit unplugged and the knob turned counter-cw pass "A" till it stops, plug it in and switch it on, then set it to "B" and "C".

I am kinda curious... aren't we suppose to keep it totally humid free?:think:

Sounds like buying a cigar humidifier that maintain moisture for the cigars!:bsmilie:

I am kinda curious... aren't we suppose to keep it totally humid free?:think:

Sounds like buying a cigar humidifier that maintain moisture for the cigars!:bsmilie:

total lack of humidity is not good for equipment. It makes the rubber parts dry out and crack, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.