How to use CPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Lee

Feb 12, 2009
Shunfu Road, Singapore
Hi friends,

Just bought 2 pcs of CPLs. I know what they are and what they do but am not sure how to use them. I have UVs on my lenses now, do I put them on top or replace them? Secondly, do I need to turn them and what do I achieve when I do this?

Many thanks.

Anthony Lee

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Hi friends,

Just bought 2 pcs of CPLs. I know what they are and what they do but am not sure how to use them. I have UVs on my lenses now, do I put them on top or replace them? Secondly, do I need to turn them and what do I achieve when I do this?

Many thanks.

Anthony Lee
I would advice against stacking of filters. They can potentially cause visible IQ degradation and also add to mechanical vignetting especially for wider angle lenses.

After fixing the CPL on ur lens, rotate the outer ring of the CPL and see how things change, with maximum effectiveness of polarisation when the position of the sun at right angles with the lens axis. But then again, the maximum polarisation might not be what you want to get.

There are many other similar threads on this well discussed topic as well, if you would need other references. Google has a trove of helpful links too.

Happy reading , experimenting and shooting.

Ryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom