How to use Automate/Batch in PS CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosu_John

Aug 11, 2004
www.blackbistro.com
Hi all,

I have loads of photos that need rotation of 90 degrees to make them upright.

But I find it troublesome to one by one rotate in the windows image viewer. How do I use PS CS to run a script or automate/batch command to auto rotate these images for me?

Anyone knows? Thanks in advance! :D :D :D

Create an action for your rotation (or whatever else you want to do).
Run the action on your files using the batch command.

I don't have PS in front of me now, so can't give more specific instructions.

Royce said:
Create an action for your rotation (or whatever else you want to do).
Run the action on your files using the batch command.

I don't have PS in front of me now, so can't give more specific instructions.

hmm ok, but how do I create an action? and it seems that after i rotate a picture and save it. whenever i reopen it in photoshop it becomes unrotated again. how come like that ah?

ok i know how to do the creation of an action already thanks guys for the help :) the website really proved useful! :)

but i still have a problem with the rotation, seems like after i rotate the photo to be upright then i open it again in PS, it resumes the original orientation. becoming unrotated. whys that so? anyone knows?

Hi Gosu_John,

Hmm.. I might be stating the obvious, but did you save the rotated pictures under different extension/folder? Note that PS will change the file extension to psd if you've created layers/channels. Another tip is that I will normally make a folder to store the original, untouch pictures, and another folder with the duplicated copies for processing. I would open the pictures in the processing folder for touch up, and then save back (and hence overwriting) the file without worrying too much. If I messed up, I would just copy the original file over and redo again. :)

ziploc said:
Hi Gosu_John,

Hmm.. I might be stating the obvious, but did you save the rotated pictures under different extension/folder? Note that PS will change the file extension to psd if you've created layers/channels. Another tip is that I will normally make a folder to store the original, untouch pictures, and another folder with the duplicated copies for processing. I would open the pictures in the processing folder for touch up, and then save back (and hence overwriting) the file without worrying too much. If I messed up, I would just copy the original file over and redo again. :)

i eventually resolved the problem by resaving everything one by one over again. i really dont understand how it can show as uprighted in the window fax viewer and thumbnail viewer but when photoshop opens it it is unrotated again. and i did refresh the thumbnail in win xp before to see if its REALLY rotated not. weird!!!

but thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.