Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
Hi,
New in this forum..
Have few questions and hope to get some answers here:
1. Can I attach photo from website: www.webshots.com?
2. If yes, how to upload the photo?
I've tried clicking the yellow icon and copy the link with .jpg. Doesn't work

3. My signature, it's not a direct link?

Hmm..Got the answers myself..
To attach photos..
1. copy the link and add in .jpg
2. highlight the link and select the yellow(mountain) icon.
3. photo will be attahched.

you can't hotlink from webshots, have to paste the URL in a new window to view pic.

interesting timing of pic though, almost looks like a typhoon hitting the Sentosa shores, hehheh...

Wacko..
No. I managed to upload the photo from webshots..
Already removed it, photo too large 2272 x 1704. Yeah.. the initial photo was shot early in the morning.. around 7am, heavy rain for the whole morning and just stayed in the hotel.

Eyesthruthelens said:
Wacko..
No. I managed to upload the photo from webshots..
Already removed it, photo too large 2272 x 1704. Yeah.. the initial photo was shot early in the morning.. around 7am, heavy rain for the whole morning and just stayed in the hotel.
you can't hotlink from webshots... you can see it on your side cos the pic is in the cache, thus it's showing. to others, it's just a red x.

then how to link pic here?

wat is 'hot link'.. got cold link?

a hot link is a clickable URL that points straight at a particular file in a website, and in our context, usually an image file (jpg, bmp, gif, etc). the IMG tags in forums are essentially hot links as well.

you can't hotlink image files from geocities either. one trick you can use with geocities though, you can rename your image files to .txt (e.g flower.jpg --> flower.txt), then upload onto geocities (or upload then rename, should be the same), and use the IMG tags here with the .txt URL.

Testing....

Hai~ cannot, what site then can hotlink ?

Status
Not open for further replies.