How to uninstall Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah... if the service desk people try to sell you the BS abt their laptops cannot use XP, just tell them their website lists XP drivers for laptops.

they try to sell me a fast one when i brought in my HP 2133 to reinstall XP, after i crashed it. should have seen the bugger's face when i told him dat HP SG website provides XP drivers. all he could say was a lame 'i don't know' when i told him dat... ;p

oh thank u alot, this info helps.

Damn the Vista!!!

I will update for all to see what HP ppl do and says.;)

Damn the Vista.

they will need the XP disc and license key. so, just bring it along. i didn't know, and had to make an extra trip just to pass them the disc.

they will need the XP disc and license key. so, just bring it along. i didn't know, and had to make an extra trip just to pass them the disc.

thks alot.

being trying various methods, and using internet, but fail as well.....

:thumbsd:Okay HP personnel behind phone not friendly, tone very like i own them, then the person wanna provide reluntantly online help on installing XP.

Keep saying we dun support and encourage user changing vista to XP.

:thumbsd:Okay HP personnel behind phone not friendly, tone very like i own them, then the person wanna provide reluntantly online help on installing XP.

told ya they will try to sell some BS abt vista... :bsmilie:

just go down to the service centre and talk to them. the people behind the counter *usually* are a little more reasonable compared to those on helplines.

Hello fotoudavid,

May I make a suggestion before you wipe vista off your drive ......:dunno:

If you don't already have it (Ghost) then get a hold of it and back up an image of your computer.

{this can be to en external drive}

The reason is that if you get problems trying to change your system back from Vista to XP (drive issues)...

You may simply have to learn to love Vista (errrr) and Ghosting your drive back might be the only simple way to do it.....

Unless you have recovery disc's...

Just a thought :)

I do hope this makes sense to you,... if not, ask and I or someone will explain :)

You can try this to install XP.

Pop the XP disc into your DVD drive, then restart the computer. When the BIOS screen is on, press the F8 (I think) key to let you choose which drive to boot up the computer from. Select the DVD drive. This will make the computer run the XP disc that is inside the drive. Then the usual installation screen will come on, think you should know what to do from there.

All this is assuming you have made all the necessary back-ups and downloaded all the XP drivers!!

dun work mookie, vista dun allowed it after i restarted.

hmm...you mean the computer doesn't allow you to boot up from the DVD drive? or once you enter vista the computer doesn't allow you to run the disc?

At command prompt C:\>format c:

Fastest & easiest.

At command prompt C:\>format c:

Fastest & easiest.

How to go to command prompt?? Can reply here step by step?? Thks.

hmm...you mean the computer doesn't allow you to boot up from the DVD drive? or once you enter vista the computer doesn't allow you to run the disc?

vista refuses to run the disc.

How to go to command prompt?? Can reply here step by step?? Thks.

**Another method is to change the BIOS to run/boot CD/DVD drive first then C:.

Insert XP Bootup disk into CD/DVD drive first then reboot PC AFTER changing BIOS as in **.

1. Restart PC.
2. Go into BIOS, Change 1st bootup device to CD/DVD drive.
3. In Vista, insert XP bootup disc into CD/DVD drive.
4. Reboot PC.
5. PC should be able to reboot in XP.
6. Follow instructions.

It is good to do a low-level format before proceed to CLEAN INSTALL XP. Gotcha?

Use NTFS file system when formating HDD.

Use NTFS file system when formating HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.