How to transfer recorded video from camcorder to VCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigo

Nov 19, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi,

Just came back from a trip and may I ask anyone knows how to transfer recorded video from Sony camcorder using mini DV to VCD? My friend told me I must get what i-link cable, video capture card and must have what IEEE 1394. How to check if I have this or not, if not, what am I supposed to buy?

Then how much are they, which brand is good and not so expensive? Do I need to buy any extra software too?

Yes, you will need a video capture card. If you dun wanna spend too much, go for the Pinnacle PCTV Pro. Costs abt $120 at SLS. The quality is good for vcd. Afterall it is only 320x240. The captured format is in MPEG1 mode so no further conversion is needed. Just capture and burn onto your vcd ;)

Amigo said:
Hi,

Just came back from a trip and may I ask anyone knows how to transfer recorded video from Sony camcorder using mini DV to VCD? My friend told me I must get what i-link cable, video capture card and must have what IEEE 1394. How to check if I have this or not, if not, what am I supposed to buy?

Then how much are they, which brand is good and not so expensive? Do I need to buy any extra software too?

hi,
what platform are u using?

i assume that u're using PC. Firstly, ur PC needs to have Firewire port.
link it up to ur DV cam via the firewire cable and using a software, like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro (Mac), choose the option under File, Capture, then Movie Capture, all this while with ur DV cam switched on and directed at VTR (the view back option).

Dagger aka simone converted a few video 8 into VCDs for me.
Prolly u can check with her.

Or if u need some editing.. u can check with Patricc ;)
They did a short sitcom for me for my bday gift. Very Impressed and Love it. :thumbsup:

Amigo, if this is going to be a one time thing. Buying a IEEE1394 firewire card, installing it in your PC, loading propriety software for editing and burning to VCD. This involves a lot of cost and time. But if you intend to go into video shooting and editing, then it's a good investment.

May I suggest that you take the DV tape to SLS, there're a few shops there that can do this for you at a nominal fee. If I'm not wrong there's one on Level 4 or 5, it has display of wedding VCDs pasted on the store window. They can do the conversion and charge by the time length of your video file. They can also do this in mpeg2 quality, cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.