How to test the AF of the new len and the camera body is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeEgg

Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Hi, All:D

I 've got my D300 3days ago. :bsmilie: I have set the Picture Control to Neutral default and take some picture with flash(1) and without flash(2) indoor. I found the sharpness of the photo of (1) is better then the (2). So, my question is:

1. How to judge the new len function well?
2. How to test the AF of the new len and the camera body is ok? should I test it indoor, outdoor, with flash or without flash??????

Pls help.... :embrass:

I 've got my D300 3days ago. :bsmilie: I have set the Picture Control to Neutral default and take some picture with flash(1) and without flash(2) indoor. I found the sharpness of the photo of (1) is better then the (2). So, my question is:

2. How to test the AF of the new len and the camera body is ok? should I test it indoor, outdoor, with flash or without flash??????

Nothing wrong with the AF. Check your shutter speed for the image without flash.

Congratulation on your new buy... it is a really good camera!!! :thumbsup:

When you use flash, it would definately have better sharpness because there is enough light to capture your subject at a faster shutter speed. Without flash, your shutter speed is slower to allow more light into the camera, and hence, if your hand shakes or your subject moves, your picture would not be as sharp.

So... there is nothing wrong with AF... it is more of how you shoot your picture. When the camera does its auto-focusing, it does so with the largest aperture possible, which means that the focusing mechanism with and without flash is the same (assuming you do not use AF assist).

Hi,Happy to hear some replies :sweatsm:

Yep! understand. I will go to try the shutter speed.

Thanks both.!!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.