How to take super macro pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanquish75

Mar 31, 2007
Hi all...

just gotten a sigma 105mm F2.8 EX Macro lens but still cant get good macro shots...

Hoping to get some real closeup shots but the lens doesn't focus itself at 1:1, when I use Manual focus, it gets all blurred...

Anyone can advise?? I'm trying to get real closeup shots on my marine corals in a fish tank...

If you want to get the image 1:1, try to do MF, set the focusing distance at the minimum, and shift yourself until you get the sharpest image. Try to use a tripod when doing this. As a final touch, perhaps you can use the AF to confirm if the image is sharp. If it still does not focus at AF, you just have to trust your MF.

If you want to get the image 1:1, try to do MF, set the focusing distance at the minimum, and shift yourself until you get the sharpest image. Try to use a tripod when doing this. As a final touch, perhaps you can use the AF to confirm if the image is sharp. If it still does not focus at AF, you just have to trust your MF.

How to set the focusing distance to the minimum??

thanks! ;)

Just rotate the focusing ring all the way to the right, you should get the minimum focusing distance. Then you move the camera to get 1:1.

TS don't mind i ask a question here ?
i also macro newbie :embrass:

question is, can i add the close up filter +4 to my canon 100mm f/2.8 to get more minimum working distance ?
would it affect image quality ?
oh ya..what's the diff with that filter and a 500D ?
if 500D is better, where can i get it and approx how much ah ?

THANKS A LOT !

TS don't mind i ask a question here ?
i also macro newbie :embrass:

question is, can i add the close up filter +4 to my canon 100mm f/2.8 to get more minimum working distance ?
would it affect image quality ?
oh ya..what's the diff with that filter and a 500D ?
if 500D is better, where can i get it and approx how much ah ?

THANKS A LOT !
Anything added to light path will decrease image quality. The question is, how bad (or how good) image quality is acceptable for you.

Regards,
Arto.

The normal Hoya +4 closeup filter is a no no. Get the one with 2 elements. cost ard $100 depending on tread size.

Beside adding close up filters, adding a tube will also get better magnification.

Status
Not open for further replies.