How To take Sunrise Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMC

Jul 15, 2004
Hi, may I know how do all you pro produce those beautiful egg yoke type sunrise shots? What is the setting and any filter use? Thanks a million.

no filter or additional accessories

just wait for 1st light for sunrise and last light for sunset, you should be able to see the whole "egg yolk"

see my sunset shot

ND filter is being use on these photo. Should be taken around 6.30-7am.

28315130.jpg

28315129.jpg

megaweb said:
no filter or additional accessories

just wait for 1st light for sunrise and last light for sunset, you should be able to see the whole "egg yolk"

see my sunset shot

What about the expo setting?

HMC said:
What about the expo setting?
try smaller aperture like f8, use tripod and timer mode ( be fast as sunset last light is very fast )

Do we need any white balancing adjustment for it?? :confused:

megaweb said:
try smaller aperture like f8, use tripod and timer mode ( be fast as sunset last light is very fast )

How about the shutter setting?

Thanks. will try tomorrow morning.

so, let the camera ddecided if us AV mode.... what type of metering? and meter against which part?

:embrass:

Paul_Yeo said:
so, let the camera ddecided if us AV mode.... what type of metering? and meter against which part?

:embrass:
for newbie or easy thinking, try matrix metering :p

if u use spot metering, try to meter at the mid tone

(.) is centre weighted for nikon

. then i spot...if u using canon...then u dun have spot metering.

HMC said:
Hi, may I know how do all you pro produce those beautiful egg yoke type sunrise shots? What is the setting and any filter use? Thanks a million.
i think need to start with a good lens...

Share some tips

There are a few filters (that I know of :D) that are useful for sunrise/sunset shots
ND Filter
work like sunglass tt blocks the light enter into the lens. It is useful to stop down the shutter speed like 1sec or slower to capture smooth & silky effect of the sea

Graduated ND Filter
balance the exposure between the bright sky and dark ground. It is the square/rectangle filter type with HOYA or LEE filter holder allow you to adjust the horizon level easily.

Polariser Filter
Cut down the unneccessary reflection on the sea.

Witness said:
(.) is centre weighted for nikon

. then i spot...if u using canon...then u dun have spot metering.

eh ... sorry don't get you ...

my cam got this 3 functions (g3)

[( . )]
[ ]
[ . ]

can explain what is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.