Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Yes, seriously, how ar?

(taken from http://www.yesidol.org)
200231121492560665.jpg

dun seems to use stitches? or are there special camera to do so?

There are those panoramic cameras that *may* offer such views... then again you can't underestimate the power of photoshop these days :p

The original is digital or film?

dunno this will work or not :)

1. stand at the centre of the bridge
2. take the front part and back part in paranomic format
3. stitch both parts
4. use photoshop to combine both parts .. for back part , flip 180 degree and mirror the shot ...

it's just a vertical panorama instead of a horizontal one! Definitely possible to take.

i.e. mount the camera on tripod, make the lens face downwards. Then turn the camera 90 degrees about the Z-X plane. Then pan the camera 180 degrees about the Z-X plane, while taking pano shots. Stitch together, that's it! I think so lar, theoretically it should work.

Originally posted by Tweek
it's just a vertical panorama instead of a horizontal one! Definitely possible to take.

i.e. mount the camera on tripod, make the lens face downwards. Then turn the camera 90 degrees about the Z-X plane. Then pan the camera 180 degrees about the Z-X plane, while taking pano shots. Stitch together, that's it! I think so lar, theoretically it should work.

Then you will have to find a way to place your tripod such that you do not include the legs in the shots. In this case, maybe the tripod was supported on the railing.

By the way, kamwai, do you know the owner of the picture, and have you got his/her permission to use that picture in your posts?

If yes, please give credits to the original photographer.

If you do not know the photographer and/or you do not have permission to use his/her work, but you simply found this picture at a different website, please do not link the picture here, but provide the URL to the website.

Thanks!

Then it is a risk you are taking.

I am not entirely sure if this is technically a violation of the copyright law. I am also looking up on this topic also.

If the owner of the picture really want to take action againt you, I don't think claiming ignorance on your part can help.

This is just a caution to you. Hope you undestand I have no ill intentions in pointing this out to you.

You do not know what the owner has used this picture for.

heard that this can be done using nikon fm2.

i notice that he could just be standing/squating on he side of the bridge when he did this panorama.

unlikely that he is doing a split on the railings of the bridge!!

a great composition......

Status
Not open for further replies.