how to take pictures of the esplanade in the late afternoon..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, anyone here can tell me wat is the best way to take the esplanade in the late afternoon sun? i got a CPL and a 35-70mm and a 70-300mm.
Is ISO200 film enough?
Must i bring a tripod?
Any good locations?
thanx..... ;)

Well..... all your equipments are adequate. The best thing to do is go there and shoot a roll the best way you can, firstly adhering to your heart mind and soul ;) try to get a variety of shots, try to get the shots scanned, post here and get further comments.

ISO200: anything below ISO 800 will do since ISO800 is too much noticeable grain for landscapes.

TRIPOD: u must determine your own limits of handholdablility. some people can shoot landscapes at 9pm at night with ISO400 film, f5.6, 1/4 s. others need to use tripod as early as 4pm with ISO400 film, f11, 1/30 s. most are in between

GOOD LOCATIONS: u need to walk n walk n walk to find the angle u like best, although most of the stereotypical angles already look good enough to most people.

;-)

in short there's really no "best way", but you can possibly look at shots previous shot and exhibited here and elsewhere, and try to emulate or do better. or just go out and shoot...

the "best way" might mean "overly shot" which is ok in itself though yourself and us forummers may be more surprised and more glad for it if you can find a fresh perspective.

igpenguin said:
in short there's really no "best way", but you can possibly look at shots previous shot and exhibited here and elsewhere, and try to emulate or do better. or just go out and shoot...

the "best way" might mean "overly shot" which is ok in itself though yourself and us forummers may be more surprised and more glad for it if you can find a fresh perspective.

ya i juz taken 24 shots today.. will develop and if i got enough money will convert into digital and post in the forum... thanx guys.... ;)

You can ask the lab to scan to CD.
KC Ginza I use charge $9.90 for processing and scan to CD, same price for slide and negative. I will later pick those I really like after accumulated them to make into 4R or 6R print.

Status
Not open for further replies.