How to take photoshoot photos

Dapplee

Jun 24, 2009
Hi all,

I'm setting up a blogshop, and how to i take clear and full body shots of the model? Do i need specific lens or equipment to do so? Please kind me along, thanks alot.

Point. Shoot. Make sure no hand shake. Pic should be clear

i believe a dslr with kit lens 18-55 should be able to fulfill your requirements. you just need full body shots. probably might need a flash if the place you are shooting doesn't have sufficient light. :)

Most important is good lighting. You DO NOT need a DSLR. A simple point-and-shoot, or even a cellphone cam, is enough. The most important thing is light; shooting next to a window on a bright sunny day is a good start.

i believe a dslr with kit lens 18-55 should be able to fulfill your requirements.

Why even bother with a DSLR? It's a blogshop, same as the other 10,000 out there. Considering the low resolution of the posts are, there's no need for high resolution shots and even a point and shoot or cellphone is enough.

As long as you understand the use of light, even and iPhone will be decent.

But of course, you can always use a studio. Most studio owners are able to help you with simple setups.

Well, i own a dslr with normal kit lens. And i took a full body shot. And its not clear as compared to others. Why is that so?

post an image for comments

Well, i own a dslr with normal kit lens. And i took a full body shot. And its not clear as compared to others. Why is that so?

Is the lens focused properly before u shutter? Or maybe because there's camera shake? There might not be ample light, which causes longer exposure time and the camera shake blurred the image

Last edited:
I'm using tripod to hold the camera. Where can i get sufficient light?

I believe you need more understanding about basic photography.

Post your pic and the "others" pic. And how you feel it's "not as clear".

Chances are you didn't finish focusing before shooting, or you just have poor lighting (see my first reply to you).

TS, you haven't been helpful to yourself. We can't help you if you don't show us some sample pictures of your " not clear as compared to others" pictures.

I guess for start up, they are afraid to post cos of alot of fear of : backlash, lack of surprise, piracy by others (of photo or ideas ) due to the fact that blogshops are quite similar and the barriers to entry is very low.

For starters, I advise TS, take a photographic shoot of a friend, model or something , WITHOUT your actual product, and post here. We'll help guide you along, then u use the skills acquired to get your actual product shots.

Good idea?