How to take photos like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahhaa..

digitalpimp has a fan..

why not u search for digitalpimp in the member list and pm him?

Seems like you use down the Ev of the surroundings and increase Ev of the subject a little

Maybe just dodge and burn the image thru post processing. Just my thought:)

Last edited:
lol hello, why not you just directly ask that person whom did the shots(where you get them from yea)
ask him directly man why ask people who dont shoot those shots, digitalpimp is a nice guy he don't bite, he will share with you the knowledge yea.

It is a kind of respect to him too. cheers ;) work hard bro

im guessing spot metering and camping in a particular spot, plus a bit of pp afterwards...
why dont you ask the guy?

exposure... you need to read up more about it. :)

*can be edited too, depending on the surrounding lights.

dannysantos also do like that.....

very simple, look for slices of light (morning or evening or noon, doesn't matter, you can get these slices at any time, but when light is directional, i.e. morning or evening higher chance).. this has to do with buildings, etc.

use long focal length, shoot lor... if you want to "bring it out more", use layers and multiply, or selective darkening, that can help. but usually don't need if the light is nice and strong.

nowadays getting more and more common, i didn't even know digitalpimp doing this, i thought dannysantos only. but please, please, make the highlighted person be someone doing something that means something.. not just random people on the street, that will be much more meaningful.

I kaypoh abit, i think its better to post links instead of the pictures if the photos are not yours.

These photos, and the discussion on how to take shots like this, was already done and finished.

These photos, and the discussion on how to take shots like this, was already done and finished.
The search button is very underused, but i think in TS' case it would be difficult to search.
yes, in any case of dispute, better thank
I kaypoh abit, i think its better to post links instead of the pictures if the photos are not yours.

yes, in any case of dispute, better thank and quote photog's nickname on CS/Name,

even if there's a signature on the pic.

and to TS: His photos are mainly of random people,

i'd rather much use this effect to snap interesting people or things going on.

PP will be important in bringing out this effect to a certain extent.

To take this need practice.
To achieve the end results, need post processing in Photoshop.
Explore Mutiply blending, Mask, Levels and Curves.

This type of effect can be creating using Tiffen Dfx software.

Not sure if this is close enough? Apply Vignette effect (adjust x,y, blur and opaque). Save it and apply Re-light. This is an effect sample on my dragonfly shot.

IMG_0923b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also curious.
Is this done using spot metering or using PP to come out with and effect something like "vignetting"?

Thanks. :D

When the photog shared his technique, it was basically ONLY spot metering.

Moderator's note:

To thread starter:

Please note that we view copyright here on CS very seriously. Please refrain from direct posting the pics if they are not yours. Please post the links instead. Thank you for your coorperation.

Original post edited.

LOL, it IS his photos lor.... TS copy from his street photography section.......
Nice job identifying them :p

nope, these are from digitalpimp's street thread.

dannysantos didn't take those. :) but similar lor... nowadays very popular to wait for light and then shoot shoot shoot. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.