how to take photo in this case

vnzero

Sep 17, 2010
hi, how can I take the person totally in black under sunset like the photo below, where to focus and what are the settings for camera ? Thanks bros

iStock_000005348341XSmall.jpg

(Source : http://www.kiwi-romance.com/south-island/west-coast/index.htm )

Last edited:
hi, how can I take the person totally in black under sunset like the photo below, where to focus and what are the settings for camera ? Thanks bros

iStock_000005348341XSmall.jpg

please credit the site when you post images from other sources.

also... you need to paint them black. that's why we carry huge bags with us when we head out to get shots like this....

jokes aside.... it's just a silhouette shot. the foreground has to be darker than the background. using spot metering, meter off the sun and voila, the foreground gets darker. but if you do that, you risk underexposing the sea as well. so use Manual Mode, and adjust your settings accordingly.

for these shots to take place, your exposure meter should be -2 or more than that.

Erm...just underexpose the subject? Focus wise it's just the same as any landscape. Setting would have to depend on the scene.

thanks guys, I will try this when I go shoot sunset tomorrow, hope I can get some nice photos similar like that :D

Take exposure from the sky (excluding the sun). The subject should be underexposed enough.

use black light flash to throw some black light on your subject.........

an art director told me that he want me to throw some black light on the product he want to shoot, I was...."huh???"
after twenty over years I still can remember this conversation.... lol

an art director told me that he want me to throw some black light on the product he want to shoot, I was...."huh???"

hhuhhhhhh

he really used black light? (aka uv i take it?)

o.o

i heard of the infinite bounce... first time hearing black light flash... i'll make a note of it thanks!

Boss, black light = UV light la...

hhuhhhhhh

he really used black light? (aka uv i take it?)

o.o

i heard of the infinite bounce... first time hearing black light flash... i'll make a note of it thanks!
so it is very important to learn from the basic,
try not to go short cut,
try not to pretend know everything,
try not to bluff the way out,
it will only make a fool out of oneself. :)

catchlights said:
so it is very important to learn from the basic,
try not to go short cut,
try not to pretend know everything,
try not to bluff the way out,
it will only make a fool out of oneself. :)

Yes this is very good advice. Applies very well here.