How to take passport photo using dslr?

Skies123

May 17, 2010
Take already but how to print it out? Went to the kodak shop and they also dunno..they say can only print large sizes but not pasport size.. Anyone tried before?

Perhaps you can cut the photo according to ICA and resize the image so that they won't have to do editing for you... I did just that to fujifilm and they printed straight out for me..

before I even tell you how to make a 4R photo has composite a few pieces of passport photos, you need to know many labs will charge a few dollars for printing this piece of 4R for you.

so make sure you are aware and fine with it before you order a print.

Are you using the photo to apply for passport? If yes, no need to print if you apply online. Just crop the photo according to the guideline.

Not for passport uses. I applied for some membership card and they want *physical 2 hard copies* of the passport size photos. Yes, they can't accept soft copy/ jpeg file.

So got to go n print at least 2 for them..

I have taken my picture but looks very big. How to minimize it to passport size (is that called 4R)

told you before, some labs see more than one image in a 4R photo will charge extra, if you don't mind than just go ahead send in your file.

the steps of making passport photo composite

#1, open your headshot image in photoshop
#2, use crop tool, set at 45mmx35mm, 300ppi
#3, crop your headshot according to the ICA requirement.
#4, open a new doc in photoshop, image size 4"x6" in 300ppi, set the background to very light grey.
#5, drag your cropped headshot to this new doc, you can add up to 8 pieces into this 4R
#6, flatten and save as jpg file.

I have this feeling that ts might not have experience with photoshop or any image editing tool. :think:
Giving ts the steps might not be enough I reckon

I've used my 500D to take ppt-size photos and yes, if you are familir with photoshop or other progs, read catchlights's instructions. Use proper photo paper too.

i actually did my own print out on 4R... similar to catchligths instruction... i can't remember how many you can fit but on 4R, there will be a small area of extra space... just need to cut them away... but my passport photo not very nice...:bsmilie:

i actually did my own print out on 4R... similar to catchligths instruction... i can't remember how many you can fit but on 4R, there will be a small area of extra space... just need to cut them away... but my passport photo not very nice...:bsmilie:

I did it before, 6 in a 4R, I typically use the "self-service" instant print machines, then manually cut to size.

From my experience, DO NOT do any photoshopping on your PP photo ...:dunno: like taking out pimples, dots, rashes, etc....
Just make to exact size, and paste 6 or 8 photos on a 4R size. Then send for instant print.

Last edited:
From my experience, DO NOT do any photoshopping on your PP photo ...:dunno: like taking out pimples, dots, rashes, etc....
Just make to exact size, and paste 6 or 8 photos on a 4R size. Then send for instant print.

use this link provide by ica to do your crop and submit. :cool:
http://iconline2.ica.gov.sg/iconline/photoediting/jspfolder/edit.jsp

userguide http://iconline2.ica.gov.sg/iconline/photoediting/jspfolder/userGuide.jsp :devil:

HTH

yes, do not touch up or do any alternation, or else it will be rejected.

yes, do not touch up or do any alternation, or else it will be rejected.

lol thats odd.
Cause I got my boss to take my pp photo for me.
I opened in raw, processed.
Then removed some blemishes and touched up.
I even liquified my face an itty bitty little bit.
Then I uploaded it to ICA and 4 days later, I got my renewed passport :bsmilie:

lol thats odd.
Cause I got my boss to take my pp photo for me.
I opened in raw, processed.
Then removed some blemishes and touched up.
I even liquified my face an itty bitty little bit.
Then I uploaded it to ICA and 4 days later, I got my renewed passport :bsmilie:
hope you will not get detain by the customs dept.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hope you will not get detain by the customs dept.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha no never get detained.
I just got back from JB today only :bsmilie:
My friend who's driving got repeated looks cause he's currently about 24 and his pp photo is
taken when he was 15.
The staff member actually told him sternly to go update his pp photo :bsmilie:

Thanks all Bros.. Shall go n try it out n c how.