How to take nice picture ? (Tricky Question)

By learning how to take a properly exposed picture, then try to take a properly composed picture.
Finally, try to take a picture that deliver wordless message. You know the kind of picture that makes you sad, smile, awe struck, etc. without even reading the caption.

Last edited:
Foxshade said:
By learning how to take a properly exposed picture, then try to take a properly composed picture.
Finally, try to take a picture that deliver wordless message. You know the kind of picture that makes you sad, smile, awe struck, etc. without even reading the caption.

+1 thanks for the contribution.

Step 1: Know where to press the Shutter Button....

Step 2-1001: Just press it more often and the % of nice picture will increase!

How to take nice picture:

1) Load camera with charged battery
2) Load camera with SD card
3) Find pleasing scene
4) Remove lens cap
5) Frame it well, with the end result in mind
6) Unload SD card from camera
7) Load SD card into computer
8) Extract file from SD card
9) Refer back to memory of step 5 and edit the photograph to achieve your vision
10) Tada

You can skip everything and read 5 and 9. :bsmilie: How to learn how to compose.... Well, read, look at good pictures that you like, think, rethink, relook, try again.

Step 1: make sure subject is within viewfinder !
( I learnt this from my maid holding my dlsr ...)
step 2:make sure picture is not blur
Proper camera holding technique, control of decent shutter speed, etc
Step 3: focus on the correct area, spot
Focus and recompose or select the right focus point on view finder

Step 1: make sure subject is within viewfinder !
( I learnt this from my maid holding my dlsr ...)
step 2:make sure picture is not blur
Proper camera holding technique, control of decent shutter speed, etc
Step 3: focus on the correct area, spot
Focus and recompose or select the right focus point on view finder

So a nice picture is anything in focus and not blur with the intended subject in frame? :bsmilie:

edutilos- said:
So a nice picture is anything in focus and not blur with the intended subject in frame? :bsmilie:

Slowly lar ... Learn to walk first

Foxshade said:
You think so? That's a trick answer. I'm stuck at first two steps for eternity.....

Me too !

Hey TS,

How to take nice picture? (Tricky Question)

Perhaps this is a "Tricky Question" because you put "nice" and "picture" together.
I would suggest to work and put in effort on the "basics" and "fundamentals" of photography first, which is simple terms to learn how a "picture" is made.

At the end of the day though…. nothing. And I do mean nothing… replaces experience. Go. Learn. Pick up things from many sources but go shoot. And shoot. And shoot. And shoot some more.

(This passage is taken from a tumblr post of Photographer Zack Arias, source: Photography Q&A -Ask Me Anything About Photography • Hi Zack, Do you think that all this abundance of free education is actually hurting new photographers that are easily influenced?)

Thereafter, perhaps you will find out more as to what really makes a picture "nice".
And perhaps you might find that it's not so tricky afterall.

Hope this helps.

you can go photography clinic.

there you can be patient.

are you the traveler or the tourist? :bsmilie:

to take a "nice" picture....just point and shoot

to take a "good" picture....think, choose your settings and shoot

to take a "great" picture....think artistically, shoot creatively, make your photo tell a story and evoke an emotion.

Picture of Nice in France.
nice_sightseeing.jpg

Picture of "Nice"
nice.jpg

no your camera inside out. thats the basic requirement. 2nd learn how to proper meter using your cam. 3rd you need to enjoy what your doing. 4th enjoy more :)

How to take nice picture?

1. See nice picture that someone photographed and printed.
2. Take it.

2a. If being pursued, run
2b. If not being pursued, observe surroundings to make sure. Then, calmly walk away.