how to take macro shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzy

May 18, 2002
Bedok South
www.flickr.com
i'm using canon a40... got the +4 hoya filter thingy...
how do i go about taking macro shots? tips techniques ?
much appreciated for all the help

Attach the closeup filter to your camera. Set your camera to macro mode (the flower symbol). Then just position your camera close to your subject and shoot... simple as that. ;)

If you wish to control the DOF, set your camera to aperture priority mode (Av mode), and select the f-stop you want.

In macro mode, zoom to max. Else if flash is used, you'll get a shadow on the bottom right (caused by lens adapter).

Use highest resolution 1600x1200.

Even with +4 filter on, your macro focusing is still 16cm. But your object will be magnified.

:)

a lot harder to focus than i thought :p
hahahaa.....
always come out overexposed... or underexposed... keep playing around with the compensation.....

still trying to figure out shutter speed... manual too tough :p
so been using P mode mostly.....

was a lot easier using my old nikon f-50 camera... hehe... point and let it auto focus for me :p

Originally posted by blizzy
a lot harder to focus than i thought :p
hahahaa.....
always come out overexposed... or underexposed... keep playing around with the compensation.....

still trying to figure out shutter speed... manual too tough :p
so been using P mode mostly.....

was a lot easier using my old nikon f-50 camera... hehe... point and let it auto focus for me :p
hahaha.... I prefer using M mode....haven't tried P mode...
is P mode good?

i dunno much abt using shutters and setting the aperture... so i use p mode... pretty much just setting compensation for exposure... too bright too dark just adjust compensation :p

oh... wat iso to use? default seems to be 50... that seems low?

Originally posted by blizzy
i dunno much abt using shutters and setting the aperture... so i use p mode... pretty much just setting compensation for exposure... too bright too dark just adjust compensation :p

oh... wat iso to use? default seems to be 50... that seems low?
the higher the iso, the more light enters...
so depending on the lightings...

Originally posted by lefei

the higher the iso, the more light enters...
so depending on the lightings...

actually no. the higher the ISO, the more sensitive the film is to light (or more gain is applied to the light captured for digital photography) and lesser the amount of light required.

Originally posted by ziploc

If you wish to control the DOF, set your camera to aperture priority mode (Av mode), and select the f-stop you want.

Correction! A40 no aperture priority mode :D

erm... macro shot on a40 must use flash? i tried off flash cos the picture come out so..... bright... i off flash the lcd go off... why huh? then how? adjust shutter speed/aperture so less bright?

oh...
and i noticed on some of my pics...
the bottom right corner got like dark dark... its vignetting right?
i was using the +4 filter. what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.