How to take good pic with FZ20 in foggy weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Any tips?

West Lake in HangZhou though foggy, is beautiful for photo shoot. It's like a painting!!!
ISO 150
1/60 secs
f/2.8
FL 6mm
Multiple segment metering
Foggy weather

P1010681.jpg

littledigitalartist said:
think if you add a ND or a poloraiser filter it will be nice...

ND filter will cut out light. I don't think it is useful in this case, which is to reduce the haze.

Polariser may help, I think.

You can try increasing the camera CONTRAST and SATURATION setting as well.

Have fun.

Nice picture you had bro :) actually I like the foggy effects, maybe you can increse the contrest a bit, just my though :cool:

like the pic. I like the fog. Though that's really too much. ;)

Hope to see another pic of urs as you put on ur polariser. Wanna see the differences and how well can it be ;)

Thanks for the tips and comments.
I had CP filter with me, but did not fit it that day. :cry: Too excited to take the pic. :bigeyes:

This West Lake is where the legendary Madam White Snake story took place. Recommended to visit.

Neither CP nor UV nor ND can reduce fog.

Cp can reduce glare and increase contrast.
UV can reduce haze cause by UV light and not by mist or dust particle suspended in the air.
ND simply reduce the amount of light passing thru the lens.

You might want to try anti-fog on your lens... ;)

it looks quite ok actually. since it was foggy, so by right the foggy-ness should appear in the shot so as to represent what u really saw there. the water may look a bit washed out but otherwise the other colours are pretty accurate. a slight adjustment of contrast/ etc should work

UV is supposed to work against haze or fog. But your case is extreme. Best left as it is, to reflect the weather condition. ;p

Sorry, can't help it..... Some simple PS Level manipulation.

normal_P1010681ps.jpg

Ahhh..the histogram again. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.