How to take good landscape & portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyu

Dec 28, 2005
Hi, need advice in how to take nice landscape & portrait , for Portrait, shall i use small f-stop to get the narrow depth of field so subject will stand up, but if i use small f-stop, will i lose the sharpest of the image ?? For landscape, shall i use big f-stop to get wider depth of field so all objects in the scene can be captured ??:embrass:

I think you should go read up a little on the two subjects.
Develop your own shooting style.There is no standard aperture or composition for any one subject.Its up to you to decide.

but usually, people use smaller F-stop(f8 and above) for landscape.
Bigger F-stop for outdoor portraits, and small f-stops for indoor studio portraits.
again..it depends on what you wanna achieve.

Beside DOF, you should give attention to composition. Most of time 'rules of thirds' is good for landscape.

Regards,
Arto.

Take more, then ask yourself what went wrong, and try again. There's no better way to learn than to make mistakes.

mistakes are the first steps in learning

but remember to question yourself to how your image can be better.
also post and ask for C&C

The best way to learn is to learn from others examples. There are many websites where you can browse others photos eg www.photoblog.org. You can see different ways of taking landscape and portraits. Some you can try yourself some you cant due to different equipment or subject or location. But you get the idea. Think about what you want to achieve and go try it.
http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

tks for replies... :)

Actually, given the age of digital, I thought one would have been more adventurous to go out and try practically to take the shots they feel they have problems with and devise a way to get around the problem. And if they get stuck, then they ask.

Asking too many questions before you shoot won't help much. Getting one's hands dirty is the fastest way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.