How to take cars in auto show

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird68

May 29, 2006
Hi,
Any tips on how to take a car in auto show to avoid light reflection?
I realise that there are lots of reflections of the ceiling lights on the car because of its polish. How do I eliminate them?
thanks
IMG_1484_resize.jpg

Using photoshop loh........ easy................cheers!

i have not taken in auto show b4 but a c-pl will do clean up the surface to some extend

i have not taken in auto show b4 but a c-pl will do clean up the surface to some extend

Nah.. I tried it the other day.. and it only cuts off a little glare from the lower powered lights, the spots are still pretty strong on the image. After 2 shots, I gave up and removed the CP-L instead... shoot without easier....

ok, so photoshop is the only way huh...
thanks for the tips

how about a polariser?

a CP-L is a polariser.

CP-L = circular polariser
LP = linear polariser (works only on MF systems)

CPL dont work cos in motor show, the spot lights are from multiple angles, hence the reflection is also in multiple angles.

PS is the best solution but to the rest, just shoot the models. :lovegrin:

Polariser here do help to a small extend only... No significane difference...

Turn the spotlights away from the car for the shoot.

Turn the spotlights away from the car for the shoot.

How are you going to do that for those high up?? :dunno:

Do let us know if you can do that for us in future. :bsmilie:
Better still, convert the lights into soft banks for us to shoot better. :bsmilie:

Buy the cars and shoot it in control lighting condition:bsmilie:

auto show is for seeing car mah.
if you are paid then different story.

auto show is for seeing car mah.
if you are paid then different story.

We pay for auto show also mah....

But where can u find a studio big enuff for cars to go in easily and get all the lights in place at such a cheap price?

We pay for auto show also mah....

But where can u find a studio big enuff for cars to go in easily and get all the lights in place at such a cheap price?

since it's so cheap already,just pay and shoot loh :)
dont ask too much on the lighting,only PS can help.Polarizer only cut down abit of reflection.

since it's so cheap already,just pay and shoot loh :)
dont ask too much on the lighting,only PS can help.Polarizer only cut down abit of reflection.

Which is EXACTLY what we have said so far... if you've actually been reading this thread.

Hi,
Any tips on how to take a car in auto show to avoid light reflection?
I realise that there are lots of reflections of the ceiling lights on the car because of its polish. How do I eliminate them?
thanks
IMG_1484_resize.jpg

Couldn't resist but you are one of the few that I know of who realise that there are actually cars on display at car shows nowadays...........

This was taken in San Francisco auto show.. they dont have nice ladies standing around unlike Singapore auto show... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.