How to take care of film negatives? Glossy vs Matte

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kailord

How should we take care of our negatives? Do they need dryboxes too?

and what are the advantages of Glossy or Matte prints?

mm......i dont store photos/negatives in dry box......but i keep them in a cool dry place in my room........the most top ,untouchable corner.........do not expose them to direct sunlight.....this wat i heard from my shi fu........but now i scan all negatives into my com so no use to me liao........as for the prints ......if they got dirty....use lighter fuel & tissue to wipe over......

lighter fuel? organic solvent to clean prints?

i once smudged one of my prints with water :~(
didn't know it wasn't waterproof.

how about matte and glossy, what are the advantages of each?

Originally posted by kailord
lighter fuel? organic solvent to clean prints?

i once smudged one of my prints with water :~(
didn't know it wasn't waterproof.

how about matte and glossy, what are the advantages of each?

lighter fuel......u can get it from any DIY stores....something like zippo .........i think u better wrap ur prints in plastic if ur storage place is quite wet.....

as for the matte....u can do some touch-up on it(manual) but not on the glossy finish....

Originally posted by roti

lighter fuel......u can get it from any DIY stores....something like zippo .........i think u better wrap ur prints in plastic if ur storage place is quite wet.....

as for the matte....u can do some touch-up on it(manual) but not on the glossy finish....

Can explain what kinda touch-up can be done on it? :D

Thinkin of just trying out for fun....

Originally posted by Revo

Can explain what kinda touch-up can be done on it? :D

Thinkin of just trying out for fun....

i hav a touch up 'color paint' from kodak.......i got it from my friend from Taiwan......:D .....its done the very traditional way like mixing the right color ......then applying on the photo........

matt also can keep longer than glossy, especially if u put them into photo album, glossy will "stick" to the album one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.