How to take care of film negatives? Glossy vs Matte


Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kailord

Guest
#1
How should we take care of our negatives? Do they need dryboxes too?

and what are the advantages of Glossy or Matte prints?
 

roti

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
659
0
0
Sgp/China/TW
Visit site
#2
mm......i dont store photos/negatives in dry box......but i keep them in a cool dry place in my room........the most top ,untouchable corner.........do not expose them to direct sunlight.....this wat i heard from my shi fu........but now i scan all negatives into my com so no use to me liao........as for the prints ......if they got dirty....use lighter fuel & tissue to wipe over......
 

K

kailord

Guest
#3
lighter fuel? organic solvent to clean prints?

i once smudged one of my prints with water :~(
didn't know it wasn't waterproof.

how about matte and glossy, what are the advantages of each?
 

roti

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
659
0
0
Sgp/China/TW
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by kailord
lighter fuel? organic solvent to clean prints?

i once smudged one of my prints with water :~(
didn't know it wasn't waterproof.

how about matte and glossy, what are the advantages of each?
lighter fuel......u can get it from any DIY stores....something like zippo .........i think u better wrap ur prints in plastic if ur storage place is quite wet.....

as for the matte....u can do some touch-up on it(manual) but not on the glossy finish....
 

Revo

New Member
Oct 7, 2002
396
0
0
36
Singapore bo gway hai!
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by roti


lighter fuel......u can get it from any DIY stores....something like zippo .........i think u better wrap ur prints in plastic if ur storage place is quite wet.....

as for the matte....u can do some touch-up on it(manual) but not on the glossy finish....
Can explain what kinda touch-up can be done on it? :D

Thinkin of just trying out for fun....
 

roti

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
659
0
0
Sgp/China/TW
Visit site
#6
Originally posted by Revo


Can explain what kinda touch-up can be done on it? :D

Thinkin of just trying out for fun....
i hav a touch up 'color paint' from kodak.......i got it from my friend from Taiwan......:D .....its done the very traditional way like mixing the right color ......then applying on the photo........
 

chenwei

New Member
Sep 6, 2002
1,315
0
0
Singapore
#7
matt also can keep longer than glossy, especially if u put them into photo album, glossy will "stick" to the album one. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom