I'll make it my walk arround lens together with 28-135, which will worn out
faster than other specialized lens (tele, macro, etc). How do I take care of
my 17-40 F/4L? Does gaffering work out? :confused:

just use it

dRebelXT said:
I'll make it my walk arround lens together with 28-135, which will worn out
faster than other specialized lens (tele, macro, etc). How do I take care of
my 17-40 F/4L? Does gaffering work out? :confused:
If you are so afraid that your lens will wear out, I suggest 1 of 2 ways to deal with this inevitable situation, the first is fool proof and may indefinately prolong the pristine condition of the lens - leave it in the box, in the original wrapping, and put it in a dry cabinet, lock it away, and I am sure, 5 years from now, it's just like new, and second, gaffer the whole damn lens, make sure you don't leave out the front elements ....

Why does some people so afraid of wear and tear? Aren't cameras and lenses tools photographers use to create images????????????????????????????????

give to me. I take care for you :bsmilie:

well mine has seen sand, rain, perspire and dirt. it's still working very well! so, just go out and shoot and don't worry so much about the lens unless... you intend to sell it away with minimal loss...

just make sure u got a filter on it yeah?

Deadpoet said:
If you are so afraid that your lens will wear out, I suggest 1 of 2 ways to deal with this inevitable situation, the first is fool proof and may indefinately prolong the pristine condition of the lens - leave it in the box, in the original wrapping, and put it in a dry cabinet, lock it away, and I am sure, 5 years from now, it's just like new, and second, gaffer the whole damn lens, make sure you don't leave out the front elements ....

Why does some people so afraid of wear and tear? Aren't cameras and lenses tools photographers use to create images????????????????????????????????

you typed 104 words more than i did :cool:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :cool:

user111's telescope is cute. My girlfriend will buy me one of those Toy'n'Us educational
telescopes for my next birthday.

blive said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good advice. Just be gentle with the lens, and do not drop it...;)

Yeah correct, few weeks back I dropped my new 70-300 IS. It hurted not only the lens. :eek:

no it is not my telescope it is just a picture taken off the net hehe but your new telescope does it come in white? it will be a nice colour hehe.. i have a new interest in the stars

as for dropping lenses i have always had the idea of masking them up in some thin external rubberised coat..maybe paste over (removable ) so as to provide as a cushion but cant seem to find the right materials

keep it in dry cabinet when it is idle !

If you continue to worry abt your lens during shooting, you will never get the images you're after.

Just shoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.